Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Commonly Asked Questions by Consumers
Most Often Asked
Q: I am unhappy with service I received by a practitioner in your state. What can I do?
A: You may file a complaint with this Board by completing our complaint form. We welcome your comments.

Q: How can I find a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, Speech-Language Pathology Assistant or Audiologist in Oregon?
A:You can check our Licensee Directory search engine to verify licensure.You can also contact this office for a verbal verification. 971/673-0220.
Q: I looked up a licensee on your website and noticed that it says,“The board has taken  action against this license.” What does that mean?
That means that the Board has issued formal discipline on the license of the practitioner. Any formal discipline issued by the Board is public information and can be obtained by calling the Board office and requesting a copy of the final order.
Q: If I file a complaint will the licensee be told who initiated the complaint?
Complaint information is not discloseable in order to protect the complainant and the licensee in the case the complaint not be substantiated. The Board does not give out information on complaints unless there has been formal action taken by the Board, and then only the final order is public.