Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Commonly Asked Questions by Licensees
Licensing Issues
Q: I’m completing the application for my Audiology license and need to get my hearing aid dealer’s license as well. Can you help me with this? 
A: Until January 1, 2010, audiologists wishing to dispense hearing aids need to hold a license from the Oregon Health Licensing Agency for this purpose.  Call 503-378-8667 in Salem or visit the HLA Advisory Council on Hearing Aids' website for more information.

After January 1, 2010, hearing aid dispensing by audiologists will be regulated by this Board, and is considered part of the scope of practice under the regular audiology license.
Q:  What do I need to be licensed in the Oregon as a SLP or Audiologist?
A:   Look to this page.

Q: How much does it cost for you to send verification of my license to another jurisdiction/agency/business?
 We do not currently charge for this service. You can email the request to speechaud.board@state.or.us or mail it to BSPA, 800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 407, Portland, OR 97232. You must provide the address where you would like it sent.
Q: Can I obtain a list of all Oregon licensees licensed by BSPA?
Yes, you must complete the application, which can also be found on our forms page. Please include appropriate fee for the type of list requested.
Q: If my license has been formally disciplined by the Board will this be provided to anyone requesting license verification?
A: Yes, Board discipline is part of your permanent record.  A copy of the final order will be included with any license verification request.