Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Beginning Inspection Work

I have passed the test, can I start working?
No, you must obtain your home inspector certification.  Submit the certification application and $150, non-refundable, two-year certification fee to obtain your home inspector certification.

I have passed the test and am certified.  Can I go to work now?
No, you must be either an owner of or employed by a licensed construction contractor.  The licensed contractor must request to have you added as a certified home inspector to their license.

I am certified and have had the licensed contractor add me to their license; can I go to work now?

What is the penalty for working while not certified and licensed?
Business performing home inspections without proper CCB certification and license may be subject to civil penalties of up to $5,000 per offense.

May a home inspector advertise in magazines containing listing for homes for sale?
In general, the answer is yes.  However, if the magazine is published by a real estate agent and the home inspector buys the advertisement to induce the real estate agent to refer business to the home inspector, the practice is prohibited.