Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image


Report unlicensed/illegal activity

Unlicensed activity hurts everyone—consumers, the industry as a whole and the professionals that make up the industry. Because the agency's resources are limited, we concentrate enforcement resources on allegations of:
  • Unlicensed activity,
  • Theft by deception (fraud), and
  • Improper advertising or solicitation
Report unlicensed activity by clicking here, or call the CCB at 503-378-4621.

Back to Top

Types of enforcement actions

The Enforcement Section may:
  • Take civil or administrative action against persons or entities that violate Oregon contracting laws.  Actions range from penalties to suspension or revocation of licenses.
  • File with the Attorney General to seek injunctive relief, or a complaint alleging violation of Oregon's Unfair Trade Practices Act (UTPA).
  • Seek criminal prosecution, through a district attorney for theft related offenses or racketeering.

Back to Top

Complaints against licensed contractors

Compliance officers investigate potential violations of the contractor licensing law and the CCB's rules and regulations.
Complaints against licensed contractors involving contract disputes or workmanship should be directed to our Dispute Resolution Services (DRS). Click here for more information on the process

Back to Top

Civil penalty list

Oregon law requires all construction contractors to be licensed with the CCB before they advertise, bid on or perform construction, remodeling or repair work.

Back to Top