The state of Oregon provides coverage for work-related injuries and diseases of the state's employees and some of its volunteers. Work-related means the employee or volunteer was performing duties within course and scope of their employment. Some of the benefits
include payment for lost wages and medical costs. It can also pay benefits to dependents of an employee or volunteer that suffers a work-related fatality.
In-state workers' compensation coverage
SAIF Corporation (SAIF) provides our instate workers' compensation coverage. DAS Risk Management works with SAIF and agencies to manage this policy, its claims and costs. The following provides links to the most commonly requested information and forms about workers' compensation coverage:
SAIF Corporation how to file a claim
Instruction on how to file a claim.
Summary of injured worker benefitsA summary of injured worker benefits, including time-loss benefits, coverage of medical treatment, and more.
ORS 656 Workers' CompensationWorkers' Compensation law determines the insurance requirements and benefit provisions for workers injured on the job.SAIF Corporation 801 form
SAIF's injury report form.What happens if I'm hurt on the job?
A guide to Oregon's workers' compensation benefits, rights and responsibilities.
Check with your agency for additional information and forms they may require.
Out-of-state workers' compensation coverage
Out-of-state workers' compensation insurance is available for workers employed by the state of Oregon and is initiated on an employee by employee basis.
This coverage applies when:
- Employees work out-of-state for extended periods of time excluding conferences or short-term out-of-town business meetings.
- Workers who are hired to work in a state other than Oregon.
- Telecommuters who live in another state and are on fixed, regular schedules to work from home.
- Employees are not expected to return to Oregon.
This coverage does not apply when:
- Employees work occasionally out-of-state.
- Employees are out-of-state for short-term business meetings and occasional conferences.
- Works from home in Vancouver, WA on a snow day.
- Travels to Los Angeles, CA for a week-long business conference.
Contact us to obtain out-of-state workers' compensation coverage. Risk Management will need this information:
- Wages earned while receiving out-of-state workers' compensation coverage.
Volunteer workers' compensation coverage
Please see the Volunteer injury coverage toolkit (VIC)