Out-of-state workers' compensation insurance is available for workers employed by the state of Oregon and is initiated on an employee by employee basis.
This coverage applies when:
- Employees work out-of-state for extended periods of time excluding conferences or short-term out-of-town business meetings.
- Workers who are hired to work in a state other than Oregon.
- Telecommuters who live in another state and are on fixed, regular schedules to work from home.
- Employees are not expected to return to Oregon.
This coverage does not apply when:
- Employees work occasionally out-of-state.
- Employees are out-of-state for short-term business meetings and occasional conferences.
- Works from home in Vancouver, WA on a snow day.
- Travels to Los Angeles, CA for a week-long business conference.
Contact us to obtain out-of-state workers' compensation coverage. Risk Management will need this information:
- Wages earned while receiving out-of-state workers' compensation coverage.