Licensees are personally responsible for their license renewal. That means no one other than the licensee should be answering the renewal questions.
There will be no exception for the online process. If you do not have access to a computer, you can visit a local library, a family member or friend, or if in the Portland-Metro area, you can visit the Board office.
You cannot work with an expired license in the State of Oregon for any reason. If you license expires, even if you paperwork has been mailed or you've just completed the renewal online, until you see your license has been renewed, either on our website or by calling our office, you may not practice. The Baord can impose a civil penaltly of $2500 for practicing without a license for dental hygienists.
Online Renewal Process
Dental Hygiene Renewal reminder postcards were mailed July 16, 2013. You do not need a postcard to renew your license as the Board has moved to an online renewal process. You will need to provide the following information in order to access your renewal:
- Last Name as registered with the Oregon Board of Dentistry
- Oregon Dental Hygiene License No.
- Last 4 digits of Social Security No.
Once you have accessed your online renewal application, you will be able to complete the process entirely online. If you should need to stop in the middle of the process your information, up to the last completed page, will be saved allowing you to return at a later date to complete the process. Late fees are not charged for 10 days after September 31although you may not practice with an expired license for any reason.
- Pay online with a US issued Visa or MasterCard at time of renewal
- Print completed renewal and mail it to the PO Box with a check or money order.
- Printed forms MUST be signed and dated
- Payment MUST accompany printed renewal form. Renewals received without payment will be returned to licensee for payment. Your license will NOT be renewed until payment is received with the renewal application.
- Active duty military fees are waived - see information below
Dental Hygiene Licenses for the current renewal cycle will expire September 30, 2013. if you do not renewal your license you cannot practice! Below is a link that allows you to check your current license status including expiration date. Please keep in mind that if you just renewed recently there my be a delay in the posting of current information.
To verify your licensure status: Oregon Licensee Lookup
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY
Oregon Dental Hygiene licensure fees are waived for those licensee who are active duty military. For those individual seeking waiver of fees, you must select the 'Active Duty Military' option after completing the online renewal when asked how you would like to pay. In lieu of payment you must send in documentation of your active duty military status.
RENEW BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW: