The Oregon Environmental Quality Commission is a five-member panel appointed by the governor of Oregon for four-year terms to serve as the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality's policy and rulemaking board. In addition to adopting rules, the commission also establishes policies, issues orders, judges appeals of fines or other DEQ actions, and appoints the DEQ director.
On February 14, the commission selected Richard Whitman to serve as DEQ's permanent director.
2018 upcoming meetings
- Nov. 2-3, 2017, Eugene - Jointly with the Oregon Board of Forestry
- Jan. 18-19, 2018. Portland
- March 22-23, 2018. Portland
- May 10-11, 2018. Location TBD
- July 12-13, 2018. Location TBD
- Sept. 13-14, 2018. Location TBD
- Nov. 15-16, 2018. Portland