Over a period of two years, the ReBAR program worked in partnership with the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities to develop, test and refine a series of informational tools designed to help counties, providers, families and self-advocates understand and get ready for an assessment. Copies of materials and alternate formats may be requested from the ReBAR program at 503-947-5099.
ReBAR Assessment Brochure
Copies of the brochure are available from the local county DD Program. They are sent to each individual and family member scheduled to participate in a SIS or SNAP interview.
- Getting Ready for a Support Needs Interview. This brochure is sent to each individual consumer and family member scheduled for an assessment.
ReBAR and Assessment Orientation Videos
The following materials are designed to help agencies, families and individuals prepare for an assessment interview.
- Assessment and IBA Implementation for Counties and Providers - A presentation focusing on "getting ready" for assessments and covering the assessment tool, interview participants, scheduling, using assessment information, and other sources of information.
- What to Expect in a ReBAR Assessment Interview - for Staff Participants - A presentation designed to be used by counties and providers to orient staff who will be participating in assessment interviews. Examples of assessment questions and ratings and suggestions for preparation are provided.
- ReBAR Assessment Interview for Individuals and Families - A presentation about "what to expect," specifically for families and individuals developed and presented by a self-advocate and staff of the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities. (2009)
- Supports Intensity Scale (SIS) Feature Video - A nationally developed 12-minute video with SIS respondents who talk about the utility of the Supports Intensity Scale according to families and respondents. (2010)
- SIS video - See the "feature video" on the right side of the screen
- Conducting the Assessment - an eight minute video developed by the Washington Division of Developmental Disabilities which shows how questions are asked during an actual interview.
Launch video in a standalone player
Self-Advocate Orientation Booklet
The ReBAR Interview - It's all about you! - This booklet, developed by self-advocates and others, lets charachters James, Sue, Jason and Kim tell you a bit about their assessments. The booklet is designed for provider staff and service coordinators to use with individuals prior to an interview to help prepare them.