DHS Vision, Mission and Goals
Safety, health and independence for all Oregonians.
To help Oregonians in their own communities achieve wellbeing and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice and preserve dignity.
- People are safe and living as independently as possible.
- People are able to support themselves and their families through stable living wage employment.
- Children and youth are safe, well and connected to their families, communities and cultural identities.
- Choices made by seniors and people with disabilities about their own lives are honored.
- Partners, clients and stakeholders are actively engaged in a variety of collaborative and meaningful ways.
- Culturally specific and responsive services are provided by highly qualified and diverse staff.
- The department is committed to equal access, service excellence and equity for all Oregonians