The DHS|OHA Domestic Violence Council is committed to enhancing safety for victims of domestic violence in the way services are delivered across our agencies, and to contribute to a coordinated community response to domestic violence.
The council is comprised of members from DHS; from OHA and community members committed to address domestic violence within their communities.
- We try to ensure our membership reflects the multi-cultural composition of the State of Oregon.
- We seek community partner members who work with agencies that provide services to those impacted by interpersonal violence, to enhance coordination of our work.
- We seek representatives of the client-serving program areas within our agencies; Child Welfare; Self-Sufficiency Programs; Adults and People with Disabilities; Vocational Rehabilitation; the State Hospital; Public Health; Medical Assistance Programs; Addiction and Mental Health; as well as operational areas such as HR, Training, and Health and Safety.
- Finally, we seek members with a strong personal commitment to working on issues of interpersonal violence.
Expectations for members include:
- Belief that domestic violence is a critical concern for DHS and OHA, and for Oregon
- Dedication to raising awareness within our agencies of domestic violence, trauma and related issues, and of the Domestic Violence Prevention and Intervention Quality Assurance Standards
- Ability to attend bi-monthly meetings, along with a willingness to participate on council projects, which may include researching aspects of domestic violence; compiling and reviewing DHS|OHA policies, program procedures, training, legislation, and other related information
- Ability to work closely in a team atmosphere with advocates, across discipline groups, and with other community partners
- Support from your supervisor or manager to travel to Council meetings and training
If you are interested in receiving more information about the Council or looking in to becoming a member, please email the DV Council, or contact one of the members on our roster.