The administrative rules require that most staff and provider contacts who process background check information must successfully complete training to become a Qualified Entity Designee (QED). The training materials are available by contacting the BCU training coordinator at (503) 378-5470 or toll-free at (888) 272-5545. You may also e-mail email@example.com and indicate that you would like the current training materials.
In order to stay up to date on OED requirements and rule changes, eSubscribe to the Background Check website.
Other Tools and resources
- The Background Check Unit now runs all background checks through the Criminal Records Information Management Systems (CRIMS)
- The provider crime list (Revised 8/1/2012) While the list was developed as a tool for providers, it can also be helpful to those who conduct background checks on individuals subject to ORS 443.004. It is searchable and is color-coded by length of review time. By pointing your mouse at the ORS number, the full statutory description of the crime will display.
- ORS 443.004 Impacts paid positions under the Department of Human Services, Aging and People with Disabilities programs and Developmental Disabilities programs, and the Oregon Health Authority, Addictions and Mental Health Division.
- Oregon State Archives Division Records Retention Schedule (Revised 03/2011) for background check documents.
- Staff and providers who are involved with the background check process can order a copy of the Criminal Code of Oregon at the Oregon Legislative Counsel Web site.