Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image


Frequently Asked Questions for providers

Child care hours:

Q: How will the hours be divided when there is more than one provider?
A: Each provider will get a percentage of the authorized hours. The parent will set the percentage by calling the Direct Pay Unit (DPU). These hours will show on the web site and Point of Service (POS) terminal. They will also be available to the client and provider by calling the Parent and Provider phone lines.
Q: Will the system know if the parent's authorized hours go up?
A: Yes, the system is updated every night. When the authorized hours are increased the system will show the new hours the next day. The higher hours will show on the CCBAT system.
Q: Will the provider be able to lower the number of hours recorded in the system? This may be used if a parent goes out to dinner or shopping and the hours aren't billable to DHS.
A: No, the provider will not be able to lower the number of hours that have been tracked. Providers should not include those hours in their charges. Children will need to be checked out of the CCBAT system when parents are done with their DHS authorized activities. Parents and providers will need to make separate payment arrangements for any child care hours that are not billable to DHS.
Q: How will the system show the correct number of remaining hours?
A: The system will count down the hours as they are used. Each time the child is checked in, the remaining hours will be displayed. Parents and providers will also be able to access this information on the web site, phone or POS terminal.
Q: In cases of overnight care, will the system allow the full amount of hours?
A: The system will ask the parent to verify the number of hours. If the parent says the hours are correct, the system will allow them. If they are not correct, the parent will have to perform the post check in/out step to correct.

Attendance tracking:

Q: How will the parent check children in or out of child care?
A: The parent will be able to use a Speech Integrated Voice Response phone call, the web site, or a Point-of-Service terminal to check their children in and out of care.
Q: Can the provider use CCBAT to record attendance for children whose families are not DHS clients?
A: No. CCBAT is used only for DHS clients who receive child care assistance.
Q: How will a child's absent days be recorded?
A: The parent has 10 calendar days to enter the absent day when they return to the provider site. Parents can also enter this information from home by calling the Parent Line at 1(800) 954-0835 and choosing the "absence" option. Providers can enter the absent day on the system as a Provisional Absence. The parent will have to authorize the Provisional Absence within 10 days of the actual day the child was absent.
Q: How will the provider get paid for the absent days if the parent doesn't come back?
A: The provider will be able to enter up to five absent days without the parent's authorization. The provider will need to mark that they have ended care for that family when they submit their billing.
Q: Can parents use more than one way to check children in and out of care?
A: Yes. Parents can use any of the three options to check their children in or out of care. However, the provider determines which options will be available at their site.

Check ins, Check outs, and Provisionals:

Q: How long does a parent have to enter a post check in/out or absent day?
A: A parent has 10 calendar days to enter the missed check in/out or absent day.
Q: How long does a parent have to accept a provisional check in/out or absent day?
A: The parent has 10 calendar days from the attendance date to accept or authorize a provisional check in/out or absent day.
Q: Can a provider perform a pre-check in when anticipating the parent's arrival and then have the parent authorize it when they arrive?
A: Pre-check in will not be allowed. Check in/out should occur in real time. In cases where they cannot happen in real time, parents can perform a post-check in/out.
Q: What happens when care is given before the client is approved?
A: Providers will need to keep a paper log of the check in and out times. The parent and provider will get the opportunity to go back and enter post check ins/outs in the system. Use of this option is limited.

EBT Cards:

Q: Can the parent leave a card at the provider location to do a check in/out?
A: No, EBT cards should be treated like a debit or credit card. It is considered fraud to use an EBT card that does not belong to you. Care must be used to keep the cards secure.
Q: Can a friend or family member have an EBT card to check children in/out?
A: Yes. Any adult on the child care case can get an EBT card with access to the child care benefits. Parents can also allow up to two other people to get an EBT card for their child care case. These are called Alternate Payee cards and should only be assigned to people who regularly pick up or drop off the children. An Alternate Payee can complete all the same actions as the parent. Parents must pick someone they trust for this responsibility. DHS child care providers or someone acting on their behalf (spouse, friend, employee) cannot be assigned as an Alternate Payee for any child care case. Parents can contact their local DHS office to assign an Alternate Payee.
Q: What if someone picks up the children and they do not have an EBT card?
A: If someone does not have an EBT card to enter attendance, the parent can enter a post-check in/out later that day using the Parent Line or they can enter it on the system the next time they are at the provider site. The provider may also enter a provisional check in/out that the parent will need to authorize.

Phone option:

Q: What is an SIVR?
A: SIVR stands for Speech Integrated Voice Response. This is a type of phone system that will recognize and respond to your spoken voice.
Q: What are the differences between the Hotline, Provider Line, and Parent Line?
A: The Hotline is a number the parent will call from a registered phone number at the provider site. It is used only for real time check in and out actions and to approve provisional entries.

The Provider Line is a number the provider can call from any phone at any time. Providers can enter provisional check in/outs, absent days and submit payment requests. The Parent line is a number the parent can call from any phone at any time. Parents can use this line to enter a Post Check In/Out, enter absent days, get a balance of child care hours and approve provisional entries.
Q: What phone should I use for checking in/out on the SIVR Hotline?
A: The Hotline will only work if you call from a phone number that has been registered at the provider site.
Q: What should I do if my registered Hotline phone number changes?
A: Providers can update their Hotline number online at www.ebtedge.com. The SIVR Hotline will not work if the phone number is not registered. Providers will also need to contact FIS Customer Service and DPU to update their provider information when changes occur.
Q: Why would a parent want to use the Hotline?
A: The Hotline was made for quick Check In and Check Out actions. Parents only need the last 6 digits of their EBT card number and PIN to use the Hotline. Since the Hotline is for real time actions, the parents do not need to enter the date or time when calling this number. A typical Check In or Check Out action takes about a minute on the Hotline.

Web site option:

Q: When using the web site to check in/out, will the parents have access to provider or other parent information?
A: The parent will only have access to their own information using their EBT card and PIN number. The web site is set up to require a password to go to provider information.
Q: How will the provider know that the parent check in/out was successful?
A: Providers be able to see and attendance log report on the web and the POS terminal. The attendance log report will show all check in/out times.
Q: What if my computer is not set up in a room where the parents will be able to access it easily?
A: Providers will be able to decide which method they wish to use at their site. If a computer is not easily accessed by the parents, the provider could use the Hotline for Check In and Check Out actions and use the computer to complete provisional entries and billings.
Q: What type of computer will I need to access CCBAT on the web?
A: You can access CCBAT from any computer with internet access including desk tops, laptops, tablets, and smart phones. You may need to disable your pop up blocker to access the site.
Q: Once the provider logs into the web site do they have to do anything else?
A: The provider does not need to enter any information when the parent or parents are entering attendance. The web site times out after 15 minutes with no activity and the provider would need to log in again before more attendance could be entered.

Point-of-Service (POS) machine option:

Q: Is the POS terminal dedicated to child care attendance or can I make a debit/credit payment to the provider?
A: The POS terminal will be dedicated to tracking attendance and requesting payments. No other actions will be available at this time.
Q: What if the POS terminal or POS phone line goes down?
A: The POS terminal will continue to record attendance and will send the information through at a later time.
Q: Will I have to rent/buy a POS terminal?
A: No, providers qualify for a POS terminal if they have at least 7 DHS assisted children attending their site. Providers who qualify for a POS terminal will need to complete a POS contract with the vendor, FIS. A terminal will be assigned after the contract is completed.
Q: I don't have enough DHS children to qualify for a POS terminal, can I still get one?
A: Yes, the rental cost is approximately $14 per month. Contact DPU for information about renting a POS terminal.
Q: If larger providers would like to have more than one POS terminal, will the State provide it?
A: Extra terminals will not be offered by the State. Providers will be able to rent extra POS terminals at a cost.
Q: What if I lock myself out of the POS terminal or SIVR?
A: Contact FIS Customer Service as soon as possible.


Q: Will I be able to ask for payment more than once a month?
A: Yes, providers can request to be paid weekly if they are billing an hourly rate. Primary providers can choose to be paid at an hourly, monthly or part-time monthly rate. Providers wanting to be paid the part-time monthly or monthly rate are only paid once a month.
Q: What is the deadline to ask for payment?
A: The provider has until the 10th day of the month following the month of care to request payment. For example: for care provided in October, the provider must request payment through the system no later than November 10.
Q: Will CCBAT work with other systems such as EZ care?
A: No, CCBAT does not work with other systems.
Q: Will CCBAT be covered in the DHS Provider Orientation?
A: Yes, the DHS Provider Orientation class materials will be updated once the system is rolled out to the entire state.
Q: Will providers need to keep separate logs for CCD or USDA?
A: Providers will need to keep separate logs for private pay parents.