DHS news release
Nov. 30, 2007
General contact: Bonnie Widerburg, 971-673-1282
Technical contact: Katy King, 971-673-1265
Public Health Advisory Board meets Friday in Portland
The Public Health Advisory Board (PHAB) will meet Dec. 7 to hear presentations and discuss topics related to public health issues affecting Oregonians.
The meeting is from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. in Room 918 of the Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon Street in Portland.
Agenda topics and approximate times include:
• 9-9:20 a.m. -- Announcements and approval of the minutes
• 9:20-9:30 a.m. -- Public comment period
• 9:30-10:15 a.m. -- Public health system overview
• 10:15-10:35 a.m. -- DHS transformation initiative
• 10:35-10:45 a.m. -- Break
• 10:45-11:15 a.m. -- Top-Off 4 review and update on preparedness funding
• 11:15-11:50 a.m. -- Public Health Division budget and legislative planning
• 12-1 p.m. -- Lunch with a Leader: Barney Speight, Oregon Health Trust Board
• 1-1:30 p.m. -- Oregon Health Trust Board subcommittee reports
• 1:30-2 p.m. -- Emerging issues
Reasonable accommodations will be provided as needed for individuals requesting assistive hearing devices, sign language interpreters or large-print materials. Individuals needing these types of accommodations are asked to call the DHS Public Health Division, 971-673-1229, at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
PHAB is a 15-member board whose members are appointed by the Governor and are charged with reviewing statewide public health issues and advising the DHS Public Health Division on public health policy matters.