DHS news release
May 30, 2008
General contact: Bonnie Widerburg, 971-673-1282
Technical contact: Katy King, 971-673-1265
Public Health Advisory Board meets Friday in Portland
The Public Health Advisory Board (PHAB) will meet June 6 to hear presentations and discuss topics related to public health issues affecting Oregonians.
The meeting is from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. in Room 918 of the Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon Street in Portland.
Agenda topics and approximate times include:
• 9-9:20 a.m. -- Announcements and approval of minutes
• 9:20-9:30 a.m. -- Public comment period
• 9:30-10 a.m. -- Public Health Division report, update on public health director recruitment and 2009 budget proposals
• 10-10:45 a.m. -- Phase 2 of the DHS transformation initiative and opportunities for the public health system
• 10:45-11 a.m. -- Break
• 11-11:45 a.m. -- Public health alignment workgroup legislative priorities.
• 12-1 p.m. -- Lunch with a Leader: Susan Castillo, Superintendent of Public Instruction
• 1-1:30 p.m. -- OHSU Public Health Certificate Program
• 1:30-2 p.m. -- Core public health issues review
Reasonable accommodations will be provided as needed for individuals requesting assistive hearing devices, sign language interpreters or large-print materials. Individuals needing these types of accommodations are asked to call the DHS Public Health Division, 971-673-1291, at least 48 hours before the meeting.
PHAB is a 15-member board whose members are appointed by the Governor and are charged with reviewing statewide public health issues and advising the DHS Public Health Division on public health policy matters.