Vocational Rehabilitation Web Links
Assistive Technology & Job Accommodations:
Benefits Planning and Employment:
- Mobility International, USA - As a US-based national non-profit organization, the mission of Mobility International USA (MIUSA) is empowering people with disabilities through international exchange and international development to achieve their human rights.
MIUSA works in four main areas to provide programs and services including:
- National Clearinghouse on Disability & Exchange (NCDE)
- International Development & Disability
- International Exchange Programs
- Loud, Proud and Passionate!: International Women with Disabilities Leadership and Networking Projects
- Tips on Interacting with People with Disabilities - A publication of the Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association
Disabilities: Learning Disabilities
- Brain Injury Association of Oregon - The mission of the Brain Injury Association of Oregon is to improve the quality of life of persons with brain injury and their families; and to prevent brain injury. This site provides general information, a calendar of events, information on support group meetings, stories from survivors and a link to the organization's newsletter, The Headliner.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Oregon - To help people with seizure disorders and their families improve their quality of life.
- NARIC Database for Spinal Cord Injuries - NARIC assembles, maintains and provides access to a definitive collection of knowledge; furnishes fact-retrieval services; and develops informative print and electronic resources.
- National Spinal Cord Assoc. - At NSCIA, we educate and empower survivors of spinal cord injury and disease to achieve and maintain the highest levels of independence, health and personal fulfillment.
- Northwest Regional Spinal Cord Injury System - The Northwest Regional Spinal Cord Injury System, centered at the University of Washington's Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, is one of 16 Model Spinal Cord Injury Centers funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), U.S. Department of Education, to pool knowledge and resources and provide specialized care to persons with SCI.
- Spinal Cord Injury Info. Network - The University of Alabama at Birmingham Model SCI System conducts research to improve upon and maintain a cost-effective comprehensive service delivery system from the moment of injury across the life span of persons who sustain spinal cord injury. Emphasis is on collaborative clinical research to solve the medical management and acute rehabilitation problems of individuals with SCI.
- Spinal Universe - A collection of links related to spinal cord injury, back injury, back surgery and related topics.
- Spinal Cord Map - To those individuals and families affected by brain injury, spinal cord injury, or other complex neurotrauma, a resource list to assist in the quest for proper care. To members, including physicians, social workers, case managers, and other professionals dealing with neurotrauma, a forum to provide valuable information regarding their particular services.
- United Spinal Association - For over 57 years, we were known as Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association, serving veterans with spinal cord injury or disease. Today, we are pleased to announce that the scope of our mission has broadened and will now include all Americans with Spinal Cord Impairment. We will continue to serve our veteran members, while striving to assist a larger community of disabled children and adults.
Internet Resources for Employment:
- ADA & IT Technical Assistance Center's (ADA Collection) - An on-line library of more than 3,400 documents related to the ADA, including those issued by Federal agencies with responsibilities under the law. It also offers extensive document collections on other disability rights law and issues.