Who We Are
We are a free service to both employer and employee. We provide pre-screened, ready-to-work applicants with a wide range of skills and abilities from around the state. OVRS Staffing solutions can help you access a variety of work incentive programs that can save your business money.
Vision and Values
Guided by a clear vision and grounded by strong core values, OVRS Staffing Solutions is committed to continuing leadership in Oregon providing employment services and solutions to meet the needs of its customers: businesses and people with disabilities.
- Our customers can rely on us. We deliver customized solutions. We are easy to do business with.
Our Cultural Values
- Can-Do Attitude. Accountability, Driven to Win, Pride, Authentic, Respect
- Eliminate the guess work in the hiring process
- Pre-screen applicants for motivation, reliability, and dependability
- Provide help with accommodation needs
- Consult with employers about their current and future needs
- Establish long-term business relations
- Disability Awareness and training
- Diversity and inclusion education information
New Services Available to Employers
We can help your business build your workforce diversity by providing training and technical assistance regarding employment of people with disabilities.
We can work with your managers with disability awareness training, accommodation assessments and assistive technology.
Sponsorships are available to help you provide work-based learning experiences at your place of business for people with disabilities.
- Short-term employment opportunities
- Pre-Employment transition services
Let us help you recruit and hire people with disabilities. Contact Selaina Miller to learn more at 1-877-477-1701 or email@example.com.
Additional opportunities to expand and diversify your workforce
Tapping Fresh Talent Career Expos
- Tapping Fresh Talent Career Expo Portland 2015 – April 23, 2015 at the Oregon Convention Center, Portland.
- Tapping Fresh Talent Career Expo Eugene 2015 – April 9, 2015 at Lane Community College, Eugene.
- Tapping Fresh Talent Career Expos 2014 were held in Portland and Eugene.
- Tapping Fresh Talent Career Expo Portland 2014 was held April 10 at the Oregon Convention Center. Over 150 job seekers and 39 employers participated. Business sectors represented included healthcare, telecommunications, high tech, utilities and more. Additional services included disability etiquette training for employers, resume reviews and interview tips for job seekers, and a workshop with networking tips for students.
- OVRS Staffing Solutions would like to thank our Platinum Sponsors, the US Forest Service, DAIMLER, NW Natural Gas and our Gold Sponsor, Eid Passport. OVRS Staffing Solutions extends a thank you to all of the employers who participated. A list of employers is available here.
- Tapping Fresh Talent Career Expo 2014 Eugene was held May 8 at Lane Community College Center for Meeting & Learning. Nearly 100 job seekers visited 13 employer booths. Additional services included disability etiquette training for employers, resume reviews and interview tips for job seekers, and a workshop with networking tips for students.
- OVRS Staffing Solutions would like to thank our Silver Sponsors, Lowe’s and Comcast. A complete list of business is available here.
Live Resume Events
Learn more about Live Resume Events and view a video filmed by our partners at Incight. Registration or additional information about these events is available from Selaina Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tiana Tozer at email@example.com.
- Feb. 13, 2014 in Portland
- Feb. 25 in Salem
- April 23 Albany/Corvallis
- June 26 in Portland
- July 16 in Salem
Meet the Industry Events
Learn more about Meet the Industry events.
- Oct. 2 – City of Portland
- Oct. TBD – Explore Careers in Natural Resources – Bend
- November TBD – State of Oregon DHS
- Dec. 2 – Healthcare
- June 24, Explore Careers in Natural Resources. Agencies participating included US Forest Services, Bureau of Land Management, Natural Resources & Conservation Service, and USFS Pacific Northwest Research Station.
Disability Awareness Seminar or Training
To schedule a seminar customized for your particular business scenario, please contact Selaina Miller at 1-877-477-1701 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars at ALSCO, Inc.
Sessions were held in 2014 at:
- Bureau of Reclamation in Klamath Falls
- US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management in Medford
- HASL in Grants Pass
- Workforce Center, Oregon Employment Department and Department of Human Services in Newport
- US Forest Service in Sandy
Myths and Facts
Myth: The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) forces employers to hire unqualified individuals with disabilities.
Fact: Unqualified candidates are not protected under the ADA. To be protected from discrimination in hiring, an individual must first meet all requirements for a job and be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Myth: Under the ADA, an employer cannot fire an employee who has a disability.
Fact: Employers can fire workers with disabilities under three conditions:
- The termination is unrelated to the disability or
- The employee does not meet legitimate requirements for the job, such as performance or production standards, with or without a reasonable accommodation or
- Because of the employee's disability, he or she poses a direct threat to health or safety in the workplace. (Source: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy)
If your business wants to tap the OVRS labor pool - or if you simply want more information about our employer services - please contact: Selaina Miller phone: 1-877-477-1701. Email: email@example.com Or, contact a local office near you.
Partners and Sponsors
- US Forest Service (Platinum Sponsor)
- DAIMLER (Platinum Sponsor)
- NW Natural Gas (Platinum Sponsor)
- Eid Passport (Gold Sponsor)
- Comcast (Silver Sponsor)
- Lowe’s (Silver Sponsor)