Supervisors working files can include but are not limited to:
- Letters of Commendation (for current employment)
- Performance Appraisals/Feedback
- Other Documentation of Employee Performance (e.g. letters of expectation, notes from counseling, and work improvement plans)
- Disciplinary action (e.g. reprimands, suspensions, and demotions)
- Emergency Notification Forms
- Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Employee Assigned Property Tracking Form
- Personnel Checklists
Other items that could be included:
- PD100, resume, appointment letter
- Personnel action forms
- Home address/telephone numbers
- Training records
- Notice of layoff
- Letters of resignation
Information that should NOT be part of the Supervisors
- Medical records (e.g. pre-employment physicals, physician statements, release to work documents, disability limitations related to job assignment and hearing test records.)
- Other employee information - Employees generally have no right to review notes which concern other employees.
- Reference checks - Employees usually have no rights to review references provided by former employers.
- Investigations - Employee access to drafts of investigatory reports and related information may be denied.