Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
FAQ image Transit self-employment tax FAQ
Click questions to view answers:

  • Am I required to file a return if I have self-employment earnings of $400 or less?

  • Are there any special provisions for the type of business that is conducted?

  • Can I file a joint return?

  • Can I file an amended transit self-employment tax return?

  • Can I file my return electronically?

  • Can I offset the gain on one business against the loss on a separate business?

  • Do I need to make estimated payments? What if I want to make a payment before my transit tax is due?

  • How do I file a valid extension?

  • How do I know if I owe Lane Transit District (LTD) self-employment tax?

  • How do I know if I owe TriMet (TM) self-employment tax?

  • How much is this tax?

  • I have more than one business. How should I file my TriMet return?

  • I'm getting a refund on my Oregon individual income tax return. Can I have that refund applied to this tax?

  • Is anyone exempt from paying this tax?

  • What if a business activity is done both inside and outside the district?

  • What if I'm audited by the IRS?

  • What is the exclusion?

  • When are Partnership fiscal year returns due?

  • When is my transit return due?

  • Where can I find the forms and instructions?

  • Where do I look to find my self-employment earnings?

  • Who do I contact about TriMet or Lane Transit District boundaries?

  • Why am I being charged penalty and interest on my unpaid taxes when I have a valid extension?