Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Extensions for utility companies
This is the process for requesting an extension of time to file the annual statement for a company that is being centrally assessed by the Department of Revenue under ORS 308.505 to 308.665 and 308.805 to 308.820.
The request must:
  • Be in writing.
  • Be for a good cause, which is stated in the letter.
  • Indicate the length of the requested extension.
  • Include a contact name, telephone number, and e-mail address.
  • Be made on or before the due date of the return (postmarked if mailed).
Mail to:
Oregon Department of Revenue
Property Tax Division
PO Box 14380
Salem OR 97309-5075
Fax to: 503-945-8737
Upon receipt of the request, the department will mail a letter to the contact person granting or denying the extension request. If an extension is granted, the company must file an annual statement by the extension date.
Failure to file a return by the extension date will subject the company to a delinquent filing penalty at $10 per $1,000 of assessed value of property, up to $5,000 (ORS 308.030).