We are committed to assisting taxpayers who are the victims of identity theft, and continually strive to increase data security to stop fraudulent returns before they are processed. Due to our rigorous screening process, taxpayers who are victims of identity theft may experience longer than normal processing times for their tax returns. We understand that identity theft is a frustrating process for victims, and we are diligently working to combat the issue and protect taxpayers.
Have you been a victim of identity theft?
If you feel you have been the victim of identity theft, please report it to us immediately using our web form below, or by calling (503) 947-2000.
Was your electronic return rejected by the IRS?
If your electronic return was rejected by the IRS, please take the following steps with Oregon:
- Report the identity theft to us using our web form below or by calling (503) 947-2000. We will put an ID theft alert on your account for added protection.
- File your Oregon return in paper form by mailing it to the Department of Revenue.* Attach a copy of your federal return, any W2s or 1099s, and any necessary schedules or forms.
- Attach a copy of your IRS Identity Theft Affidavit (form 14039) to your Oregon return.
- Mail your return to the appropriate address:
5. Please expect a delay in the processing of your tax return.
If you have tax to pay:
Oregon Department of Revenue
PO Box 14555
Salem, OR 97309
If you are requesting a tax refund:
PO Box 14700
Salem, OR 97309
*You may file your tax return electronically for future years.
For additional information and resources, visit the IRS Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft.