Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

FAQ image Native American taxpayers FAQ
Click questions to view answers:

  • Do I need to file an Oregon personal income tax return?

  • Do I need to have withholding taken out of my pay?

  • Do I qualify to subtract all or part of my personal income?

  • I am a member of the Siletz Indian tribe, but I live and work on the Warm Springs Indian reservation. Are the wages I earn for my work at the casino taxable to Oregon?

  • I am an enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian tribe and live and work in Indian Country in Oregon. What type of income is exempt from Oregon personal income tax?

  • I live on the reservation in a very rural area. I receive all of my mail at a Post Office Box in town. Why can’t I use my mailing address?

  • I receive a distribution from my tribe for casino revenues. Is this distribution taxable to Oregon?

  • If one member of household is exempt is the whole household income exempt?

  • What documentation do I need?



Tribal information home

Native American taxation and Oregon personal income tax

Native American taxpayers FAQ

Native American fishing rights

American Indian income tax subtraction

Legislative commission on Indian services (Oregon)

Tribal websites

Office of Indian tribal governments at the IRS

OAR 150-316.777

ORS 316.777