||Hours of operation
Oregon Department of Revenue
955 Center St NE
Salem, OR 97301-2555
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Phone: (503) 378-4988
Phone: (800) 356-4222
Fax: (503) 945-8738
TTY: (800) 886-7204
Keep getting a busy signal?
During times of heavy call volume you may get a busy signal or other message. Please be assured that our phone lines are working and try your call again at a later time.
Taxpayers also can submit questions or problems to our e-mail helpline at email@example.com. E-mailed questions are placed into a queue and answered in the order we receive them.
Revenue also offers a number of other self-service options through our website. To learn more about setting up a personal income tax account online, visit our My Account FAQ page.
Tax Services phone lines are closed Thursdays from 9 - 11 a.m. Closed holidays. Extended hours during tax season; wait times may vary.
Taxpayer assistance information
- 800 number is toll-free from Oregon prefixes only
- Salem offices are open Monday-Friday (closed on weekends)
- Tax Services hours may be extended during times of heavy activity
- Learn more about about taxpayer assistance services
- Para asistencia en español, llame al (503) 378-4988
Speak with a program representative
- Personal Income Tax, (503) 378-4988
- Business/Corporate Tax Program, (503) 378-4988
- Withholding/Payroll, (503) 945-8091
- Other Agency Accounts, (503) 945-8199 or (877) 222-2346
- Property Tax Deferral, (503) 945-8348 or (800) 356-4222
- Timber Tax, (503) 378-4988 or (800) 356-4222
- Tax Professionals can visit our Tax Professional webpage to find answers to questions
- If you need further assistance, contact the tax program above or division
- Tax Services can assist with specific account questions
- For general policy questions regarding personal income or partnership tax, e-mail us
Did you get a customer service experience survey?Oregon State University Survey Research Center is conducting a customer service study for us. This survey is your chance to tell us how we're doing and help us improve the services we offer. Survey responses are anonymous and completely confidential.
If you'd rather not participate, return the blank survey in the envelope provided. Call (541) 737-1933 or email us to be removed from the survey mailing list.
For more information, contact Jean Jitan (503) 378-4988.
- Agency Director: Jim Bucholz, (503) 945-8214
- Human Resources: (503) 945-8547
- Public information officer: Bob Estabrook, (503) 945-8559 (media only)
To report problems with the website, please contact webmaster.
Let us know what you think, complete our short website feedback survey.