The application packet must be completed in its entirety and must include;
Applicants must complete an application packet containing:
· PS-1 (Application for Licensure or Certification of Private Security Services Provider);
· A completed fingerprint card. The Department will supply pre-printed FBI fingerprint cards. Proof of completing Fieldprint electronic fingerprints is also acceptable.
· The original Form PS-6 (Affidavit of Instructor and Private Security Provider Testing Results) documenting completion of the training is required.
· PS-27 Code of Ethics form
· Nonrefundable certification or licensure fees
· Instructor applicants must submit a resume demonstrating they meet the instructor prerequisitesof a minimum of three years of work experience in private security services, military police, or law enforcement fields.
Once the application packet has been processed by DPSST, you will need to attend a scheduled Instructors class, pass the assessment and the exam.