Communication Towers, Steens
The Department of State Lands offers leases, licenses and permits for a wide variety of uses of state-owned lands not authorized by other agency rules.
A special use authorization allows a person to use a specific area of state-owned land under specific terms and conditions for a specific length of time. Among the uses governed by the special uses administrative rules (OAR 141-125-0100 through 141-125-0220) are:
- Communications facilities
- Industrial, business and commercial purposes
- Recreational cabins
- Motion picture filming and set construction
- Renewable energy projects not governed by other rules
- Scientific experiments and demonstration projects
- Sporting and other events
- Sunken log and abandoned piling salvage
- Upland quarries.
For a special use authorization, fill out a Special Use Application form.
There is a $750.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
If you have questions concerning a use of state-owned land which is governed by these rules, please contact the DSL Property Manager for the county in which the land is located.