Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Working with Consultants
Removal-Fill Permit
You may wish to hire a private environmental consultant who specializes in wetlands to assist you with a conducting a wetland delineation and/or fill permit application and mitigation plan. You may find a listing in the phone book’s yellow pages under "Environmental and Ecological Consultants" for firms in your area or search for a firm online.   The following information may help you locate a qualified wetlands consultant.   The document below is a fact sheet developed by the Department.

Choosing and Using a Wetlands Consultant

The Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS), Pacific Northwest Chapter maintains a list of members who are private consultants. This list is maintained by SWS as a service to members, and is not an endorsement by SWS or by DSL.

Society of Wetland Scientists
Many wetland professionals working in Oregon are certified as a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT) by the Society of Wetland Scientists’  Professional Certification Program.  To be certified as a PWS or WPIT, a person must meet education and experience requirements, and adhere to a code of ethics and professional practice.  You may locate a certified wetland scientist at the link provided below.
Additional information on wetland consultant services​​