Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Feb. 5, 2013                                                                                              13-03
For immediate release
More information:  Julie Curtis – 503-986-5298; julie.curtis@state.or.us
Administrative rules, land donation and reports on Land Board agenda
Note: Before the public meeting, the State Land Board will meet in executive session to confer with legal counsel regarding current litigation. The executive session will be held pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h), and is closed to the public. Members of the news media may attend, under provisions of ORS 192.660.
Salem – The State Land Board will be asked to approve amendments to administrative rules governing the sale, exchange and purchase of land at their public meeting: 
Tuesday, Feb. 12
10:00 a.m. – the public session will begin at approximately 10:30 a.m.
State Lands Building
775 Summer St. NE, Salem
No public testimony on the rules will be accepted at the meeting because the public comment period is closed. 
The board also will consider accepting a donation of residential land near Yachats; and hear reports on the Elliott State Forest Monitoring Plan, annual land management activities, status of in-lieu lands (federal lands owed to Oregon since statehood), and fall 2012 land sales.
The meeting will be held in a facility that is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you need assistance to participate in this meeting due to a disability, please notify Lorna Stafford at (503) 986-5224 or lorna.stafford@state.or.us at least two working days prior to the meeting.
The State Land Board consists of Governor John Kitzhaber, Secretary of State Kate Brown and State Treasurer Ted Wheeler. The Department of State Lands administers diverse natural and fiscal resources. Many of the resources generate revenue for the Common School Fund, such as state-owned rangelands and timberlands, waterway leases, estates for which no will or heirs exist, and unclaimed property. Twice a year, the agency distributes fund investment earnings to support K-12 public schools. The agency also administers Oregon’s Removal-Fill Law, which requires people removing or filling certain amounts of material in waters of the state to obtain a permit.