Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Land Board to consider new rules, land management actions
For immediate release                                                                                     09-16
More information:  Julie Curtis – 503-986-5298; julie.curtis@state.or.us 
Salem – The State Land Board will be asked to adopt administrative rule amendments for land sales and exchanges (OAR 141-067), public use restrictions on state-owned property (OAR 141-088), and management and leasing of rangeland (OAR 141-110) at their public meeting on June 16.
The meeting will be held at the State Lands Building, 775 Summer St., NE in Salem, beginning at 10:00 a.m.
The Department of State Lands recently concluded a public outreach process for each of the proposed rule changes; no additional public comments will be taken at the meeting.
The meeting agenda also includes: 
  • Adoption of the agency’s Stockade Block Area Management Plan, a 20-year vision for the long-term management of 230,000 acres in southeast Oregon.
  • Approval of the sale of 5.2 acres of historical filled land in Coos County.
  • Consideration of a resolution to increase the 2009-11 Common School Fund distribution to schools.
  • Reports on pending land sales and exchanges and the 2009 legislative session.
The meeting will be held in a facility that is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you need assistance to participate in this meeting due to a disability, please notify Lorna Stafford at 503-986-5224 (lorna.stafford@state.or.us), at least two working days prior to the meeting.
The State Land Board consists of Governor Theodore Kulongoski, Secretary of State Kate Brown and State Treasurer Ben Westlund. The Department of State Lands administers diverse natural and fiscal resources. Many of the resources generate revenue for the Common School Fund, such as state-owned rangelands and timberlands, waterway leases, estates for which no will or heirs exist, and unclaimed property. Twice a year, the agency distributes fund investment earnings to support K-12 public schools. The agency also administers Oregon’s Removal-Fill Law, which requires people removing or filling certain amounts of material in waters of the state to obtain a permit.