OTTER 2016 Release 3.2 is available for download!
May 3, 2016
Please read the information below as the processes to download and use OTTER 2016 have changed.
- Release 3 - If you have previously downloaded any earlier versions of OTTER 2016, release 1, 2 or 3.0 and have not yet filed your payroll reports or if you are encountering filing errors, please download release 3.2 now.
NOTE: You must uninstall previous versions of OTTER before you download and install release 3.2.
The Resource Center provides additional OTTER 2016 help. The Download OTTER
section includes these help files:
- Un-Install Instructions
- Installation Instructions
- Network Installation Instructions
- Database Migrator Installation Instructions
- Import Function Instructions
- Readme File
2. Installation Instructions (for Non-Network installations)
– these specific instructions will assist to download the program on a standalone PC.
3. Network Installation Instructions
– these specific instructions will assist to download the program to a network.
4. Database Migrator Instructions
– these specific instructions will assist if you have used OTTER in prior years/quarters and would like to transfer your historical data to the new OTTER application database.
5. Import Instructions
– these instructions will assist OTTER 2016 users who rely on import functionality. OTTER 2016 release 3 supports the import of data through the following data formats for all forms (Form 132, Schedule B and Form OQ):
- EFW2 (previously MMREF)
- ASCII Delimited
When downloading and installing OTTER 2016 release 3 there are two items to remember:
**ASCII Fixed Width format is not supported by OTTER 2016**
- Since OTTER is an executable file you may receive a warning from your operating system. If you wish to install and use OTTER you should select the option that continues the download. This could be “Run” or “Yes” or “Ok.” You won’t be able to install OTTER if you cancel or stop the download process. Further instructions can be found below in the Resource Center under Download OTTER.
- f you are installing OTTER 2016 release 3.2 to a network, depending on your network settings, you may need to have administrator rights.
We appreciate your patience during this process and apologize for any inconvenience our delays may have caused you. We want to assure you that the Department will work closely with employers to ensure delays do not negatively affect your ability to file your reports on time.
OTTER is a free program that allows you to file your combined payroll tax
OTTER 2016 is now available. Please download and install this version in
order to file your 2016 quarterly reports. It must be installed before a 2016
Oregon Quarterly Payroll Tax Report can be prepared and submitted.
- Operating System
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Pentium microprocessor or higher
- 128MB RAM, but 256MB is preferred
- 20MB free space on the system hard drive
If the link in your OTTER program doesn't work, you can upload your OTTER report or wage detail through this secured server.
OTTER Secured Server
1)I am not able to copy quarter.
2)I am getting SchB error
3)Not able to print properly
for all of the above is: Upgrade OTTER to most current version which is
5)How do I copy preparer’s information? Do I
have to manually type in every time?
·No, click on the quarter you are trying to copy
preparer’s information to> Click on ‘Copy
Preparer Information’ tab>Select/type Business ID number>type in year(copying
6)How do I add quarter?
·Click on 2016>File>Add quarter>Select quarter
7)OTTER is not calculating excess wages
·If you have quarter 1/16 data entered and saved
in OTTER, it will calculate correctly but if it’s not, you can enter the amount
manually and by pass the WARNING as
it’s not ERROR.
8)I am not able to Import.
·Follow Importing instruction on OTTER Home page to
make sure the file format is correct.
9)No Payroll button is not working on
·It is working on version 2016.3.2
·Once you have 2016.3.2>Click on the quarter want to file No
Payroll>Click on Form OQ>
Click on ‘No Payroll’
need to upgrade my OTTER if the one I have is working for me?