To qualify for the program, the wood and pellet stove must be new (not used) and must meet the following criteria which were established during the public rulemaking process. The equipment must:
- Be installed in an Oregon residential dwelling
- Be installed with a dedicated outside combustion air intake
- Listed in the United States Department Environmental Protection Agency's List of EPA Certified Wood Stoves or other third-party certified list approved by the Director or have a certificate of performance from a currently US EPA certified woodstove testing laboratory. All must show:
- A non-catalytic wood stove/insert with emissions of 4.5 grams of smoke per hour or less and be at least 69% efficient; or
- A catalytic wood stove/insert with emissions of 2.5 grams of smoke per hour or less and be at least 77% efficient.
- A pellet stove/insert with emissions of 2.5 grams of smoke per hour or less and be at least 84% efficient.
For information contact:
Oregon Department of Energy,
503-378-4040 or toll-free in Oregon at 1-800-221-8035
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org