SALEM — The Oregon Department of Energy will hold a stakeholder meeting and fee hearing on May 11 in Salem to receive input on the proposed Business Energy Tax Credit fee structure for the pass-though program.
The meeting and fee hearing begins at 9 a.m. at the State Fire Marshall Headquarters (4760 Portland Rd. N.E.).
Those unable to attend the hearing may submit written comments by 5 p.m. on May 11, to: email@example.com.
At the meeting, ODOE will also discuss changes to BETC temporary rules recently filed in January that only affect current BETC projects. Rule changes include:
• Disallowing project owners from amending their project costs and increasing the anticipated amount of tax credits,
• Updating the program sunset language to reflect simplified dates, and
• Removing the section on extensions.
ODOE is also proposing fees for the pass-through program and re-inspections. Proposed fees to be discussed at the hearing include:
Pass-through participation fees:
• Fees for pass-through transactions with ODOE assistance: Up to 0.25 percent of tax credit amount (maximum fee $25,000) + $100 per tax certificate issued.
• Fee for pass-through transactions without ODOE assistance: $100 per tax certificate issued.
• Fee for pass-through transfer (after tax certificate issued): $200 + $100 per tax certificate issued.
Re-inspection fee: $400 fee (for projects that do not pass initial inspection).
To request an interpreter for the hearing-impaired or for other accommodations, please contact Rosa Carbaugh at 503-934-4010 or via fax at 503-934-4006. TTY users should call the Oregon Relay Service at 711.
About the Department of Energy: The Oregon Department of Energy provides tax credits, loans, technical assistance and energy information for homes, businesses, manufacturing, farms, ranches, schools and governments.