SALEM — The Oregon Department of Energy will hold public hearings on rulemaking in late June for two new programs under the Energy Incentives Program and the Business Energy Tax Credit program. The hearings will be held at ODOE’s main office (625 Marion St. NE) in Salem on the following days:
• June 22, 2012, 9 a.m.: Draft permanent rules for the Business Energy Tax Credit program. Call-in number: 888-285-4585; access code: 190099
• June 26, 2012, 9 a.m.: Draft permanent rules for the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure tax credit. Call-in number: 888-622-5357; access code: 745272
• June 28, 2012, 9 a.m.: Draft permanent rules for Renewable Energy Grants. Call-in number: 888-285-4585; access code: 797299
ODOE will accept written comments as well as oral testimony at each public hearing. Call-in participants may only listen to the hearing; no oral testimony will be taken from call-in participants. All participants may submit written comments by 5 p.m. on the day of each respective hearing. Written comments are provided the same consideration as oral testimony and must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about these upcoming hearings, please visit the ODOE website at: www.oregon.gov/energy/CONS/Pages/Rulemaking-Energy_Incentive_Program.aspx
The EIP, created in 2011 by House Bill 3672, replaces the Business Energy Tax Credit program.
ODOE plans to file permanent rules for each program before the temporary rules expire:
• The BETC rules expire on July 10
• The Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure rules expire on August 4
• The Renewable Energy Grants rules expire on August 17
To request an interpreter for the hearing-impaired or for other accommodations, please contact Rosa Carbaugh at 503-934-4010 or via fax at 503-934-4006. TTY users should call the Oregon Relay Service at 711.About the Department of Energy:
The Oregon Department of Energy provides tax credits, grants, loans, technical assistance and energy information for homes, businesses, manufacturing, farms, ranches, schools and governments.