Shepherds Flat North
A wind energy facility with a peak generating capacity of 265 megawatts.
Location: Gilliam County
The facility is operating.
North Hurlburt Wind, LLC
656 San Miguel Way
Sacramento, CA 95819
Department of Energy Staff: Duane Kilsdonk
Original site certificate signed: Sept. 11, 2009
Current site certificate: First Amended Site Certificate, March 12, 2010
- Sept. 11, 2009: The Council issued the Final Order on Amendment #1 for the Shepherds Flat Wind Farm (SFWF) and approved a site certificate for Shepherds Flat North.
- Sept. 11, 2009: Effective date of the site certificate.
- Nov. 3, 2009: The certificate holder submitted a Request for Amendment #1.
- Feb. 4, 2010: The Department issued a Proposed Order on Amendment #1.
- March 12, 2010: The Council approved Amendment #1.
- March 12, 2010: Effective date of the First Amended Site Certificate.
- June 16, 2010: Beginning of construction.
- Nov. 1, 2010: The certificate holder submitted a Request for Amendment #2.
- Nov. 16, 2010: The certificate holder withdrew its Request for Amendment #2.
- Dec. 9, 2011: The Council approved amendments to the Habitat Mitigation Plan.
- Feb. 20, 2012: Completion of construction.
- Final Order on the Application (SFWF), July 2008 [997 kb pdf]
Attachment A (SFWF), Wildlife Monitoring and Mitigation Plan [110 kb pdf]
Attachment B (SFWF), Revegetation Plan [53 kb pdf]
Attachment C (SFWF), Habitat Mitigation Plan [50 kb pdf]
Attachment D (SFWF), Application Comments and Department Responses [136 kb pdf]
Attachment E (SFWF), Draft Proposed Order Comments and Department Responses [147 kb pdf]
- Site Certificate (SFWF), July 2008 [148 kb pdf]
- Final Order on Amendment #1 (SFWF), September 2009 [706 kb pdf]
Attachment SFN-A (Wildlife Monitoring and Mitigation Plan) [106 kb pdf]
Attachment SFN-B (Revegetation Plan) [47 kb pdf]
Attachment SFN-C (Habitat Mitigation Plan) [51 kb pdf]
Attachment D (Application Comments and Department Responses) [45 kb pdf]
Attachment E (Draft Proposed Order Comments and Department Responses) [262 kb pdf]
- Site Certificate, September 2009 [150 kb pdf]
(Amendment Request Comments and Department Responses) [147 kb pdf]