Applying for a Governor-appointed Board or Commission is easy! Follow these three easy steps and you are on your way. Do your homework. Membership Handbook
. To get a deeper sense of what to expect of Board or Commission service, check out the Membership Handbook. The Membership Handbook gives you all of the details of Board or Commission service and offers up sound advice about what it means to join a Board or Commission. Make your Board or Commission selection.
There are four links that will help inform your decision-making process, including a current list of vacancies and upcoming expirations.
- Boards & Commissions Book. The Boards & Commissions Book describes all boards to which the Governor makes appointments.
- Expiration Report 12-31.pdf - Expiration report through December 31, 2013
- Vacancy Report 12-31.pdf - Vacancy Report through December 31, 2013
- Websites. Most Boards and Commissions also have their own websites, so this is another way to learn about the specific details of service on a Board or Commission that interests you.
All meetings are open to the public, so feel free to attend a meeting ahead of time to experience what it is like to participate on your targeted Board or Commission. Complete the Governor's Interest Form.
The Interest Form is a basic application that tells our office about you, your background and why you want to participate on a Governor-appointed Board or Commission. All applicants are subject to a background check, so make sure that you have informed us about anything in your history. Important! Use a separate piece of paper to disclose this information.
Informing us about something in your past does not necessarily mean that you can’t or won’t be appointed; but it is important that you disclose this information in the beginning of the process
. When completing your interest form, please use black ink. Do not use gray ink or pencil.
You must be a resident of the State of Oregon to participate unless otherwise noted.
Please complete both sides of this form and include any additional documentation such as a resume, and statement of interest that could be benefical in the selection process. We will not accept emails with links to your information.
Interest Forms can be returned via fax, email (you must sign and scan the interest form before you email it. We cannot accept electronic signatures!), or the US mail.
- To fax your Interest Form, please send it to: 503-373-0840 (secure fax)
- To email your scanned Interest form, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To mail your Interest Form, please send it to:
Office of the Governor
900 Court Street NE, Room 160
Salem, OR 97301-4075
You may apply at any time, regardless of whether there is a current opening, as resignations occur throughout the year. Once you submit your application, it will be placed in the appropriate Board or Commission’s file for future consideration. Submission of an Interest Form does not mean that you will automatically be contacted; we will however, acknowledge the receipt of your form. If you are being actively considered for appointment, you will hear from the Executive Appointments Office directly.