Subcommittees, advisory boards, and work groups
The Higher Education Coordinating
Commission (HECC) meets regularly (calendar), and all commission meetings
are open to the public.
noted, public meeting notices for the HECC subcommittees and public work groups are issued by the HECC public meeting notices and meeting materials are posted here.
Information and materials related to Oregon Administrative Rules hearings for the HECC are also posted on the Administrative Rules and Statutes page here.
See below for how to access information on Oregon Workforce and Talent Development Board (WTDB) meetings, Oregon Youth Conservation Corps Advisory Committee meetings, and Private Career School Advisory Committee meetings.
Higher Education Coordinating Commission
In addition to the full HECC meetings,
the Commission holds public meetings of its two Commission subcommittees Membership of the subcommittees is noted on the Commissioners
Funding and Achievement (F&A) Subcommittee:
- Reviews, advances, and/or approves work of the HECC related to funding
and budget, the development of the agency budget request, state funding
allocations to public institutions, capital funding, and other financial topics.
Student Success and Institutional Collaborations (SSIC) Subcommittee:
- Reviews, advances and/or approves work of the HECC related to academic pathways, Pre K-20 educational alignment, student success and equity, and other related areas.
Advisory Committees and Boards
The HECC agency also convenes or supports
public meetings of the following advisory committees, councils, and boards:
- Overall advisory board to the Governor on workforce matters. Appointed by the Governor under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the WTDB is made up of leaders representing private business, labor, community-based organizations, Oregon legislature, local government, and state agencies. Sign up for WTDB public meeting notices here.
- State-appointed advisory committee to agency staff
on the implementation of the OYCC youth workforce program. Public meetings are posted on the Oregon Transparency site.
Private Career Schools Advisory Committee:
- HECC-appointed committee that reports to the Commission and Legislature annually on progress toward increasing the number of students who receive credit for prior learning and improving prior learning assessment practices. Information is issued by the HECC public meeting notices and meeting materials are posted here.
In addition to public committees and
work groups, HECC agency staff are advised by numerous committees of internal
and external stakeholders in order to work toward collective goals, including
the HECC Equity Advisory Work Group,
Oregon Opportunity Grant Advisory Committee, Office of Degree Authorization
Advisory Committee, Joint Transfer Articulation Committee, and other work
groups assigned to specific topics.