State Financial Aid and Access Programs
The Higher Education Coordinating Commission Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) administers a variety of state, federal and privately funded student financial aid programs for the benefit of Oregonians attending institutions of postsecondary education. Click on the image below to go to the OSAC website directly.
OSAC: Helping Oregon Students Plan and Pay for College
The OSAC is responsible for the administration of state financial aid and access programs, including budget recommendations, fiscal management, policy and awarding of financial aid to Oregon students at private and public institutions statewide.
OSAC awards more than $118 million in grant and scholarship aid every year through:
- Oregon Opportunity Grant (OOG) is Oregon’s largest state-funded, need-based grant program that helps students pay for college at public community colleges, public universities and participating private institutions statewide.
- OSAC Scholarships: OSAC administers over 500 private scholarships for Oregon students to pursue college and career training beyond high school. Students may access the OSAC website to learn more about OSAC programs, search for eligible scholarships, and apply for scholarships online.
- Oregon Promise: provides funds for recent Oregon high school graduates and GED recipients to attend Oregon community colleges.
- Other State financial aid programs, including the Chafee Grant, helping current or former foster care youth with postsecondary education and training, the Childcare Grant, assisting parents enrolled in postsecondary education, and more.
Access and Success Programs
OSAC also administers student outreach and mentoring programs to support college and career readiness, including:
- ASPIRE: providing information and support to help students from middle school through community college get on track for postsecondary education success.
- Outreach and initiatives to support students and families with financial aid, including the FAFSA Plus+ project, College Goal Oregon, and more.