2017 Legislative Session Resources
During each legislative session, the HECC presents to legislative committees and advises the Oregon Legislature, Governor, and Chief Education Office on topics of critical concern to Oregon higher education, working in close collaboration with campus leaders and partners.
Session Summary Materials
This Legislative Report provides an overview of a selection of key legislative investments and bills approved during Oregon’s 2015 Legislative Session, including approved bills, an overview of the 2015-17 biennial budget, and an appendix with historical budget information:
Additional summaries of featured legislative work can be found in the HECC Collaborations e-newsletter.
Fact Sheets and Issue Briefs
2017 Sponsored Legislation
Testimony and Presentations
Presentations below are a selection of overview presentations, and do not reflect all testimony of the HECC.
Presentations to the Joint Ways and Means, Education Subcommittee
- Strategic Priorities in Higher Education, 2017-19 (including introduction to HECC and state higher education structure, state goals, introduction to Oregon higher education students, brief postsecondary funding history, budget overview), March 27-28, 2017
- The Affordability Challenge in Higher Education (including introduction to affordability factors and key state-administered financial aid programs i.e. Oregon Opportunity Grant, Oregon Promise), March 29-30, 2017
- Pathways and Transitions to Postsecondary Success (including precollege preparation and transitions, academic transitions between postsecondary institutions, and career and postsecondary training), March 30-April 3, 2017
- Oregon's 17 Community Colleges, including presentation by HECC on State Support for Oregon's Community Colleges, and a presentation by the Community Colleges, April 5-6, 2017
- Oregon's 7 Public Universities, including presentation by HECC on State Support for Oregons' Public Universities, and a presentation by the universities, April 11-12, 2017
- Capital Investments in Public Institutions + Other Missions of Universities: State Programs, Statewide Programs, including presentation by universities on State and Statewide programs, April 13, 2017
- State Support for Oregon Health & Science University, presentation by OHSU, April 18, 2017
- HECC Agency Operations Budget, Conclusion, Appendix (Key Performance Metrics, Reductions), April 19, 2017
Presentations to the House Committee on Higher Education and Workforce Development
- Introduction to Transfer Policy in Oregon, presented to the House Committee on Higher Education and Workforce Development, February, 2017
- Introduction to Affordability in Oregon, presented to the House Committee on Higher Education and Workforce Development, February, 2017
- Introduction to Higher Education Funding, presented to the House Committee on Higher Education and Workforce Development, February, 2017
- Introduction to Higher Education in Oregon, State Structure, presented to the House Committee on Higher Education and Workforce Development, February, 2017
- For all HECC testimony, updates, and presentations, see the Oregon Legislative Information System.
- Find HECC formal reports submitted to the Oregon Legislature here.
Staff Updates to the Commission
HECC staff regularly update the Commission on legislative activity at its public meetings.
More information coming soon.