Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Once your application for license or for registered internship has been accepted by the Board, you may take the national competency exam.  For license as a professional counselor, the Board accepts the National Counselor Exam (NCE), the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam (NCMHCE) the CRC exam, or California's oral and written exam.  Once you pass the national exam, you may take Oregon's Law and Rules Examination. The test is available on the Board's website. This is a pass/fail exam consisting of 28 true/false, multiple choice and fill in the blank questions. No less than 23 questions must be answered correctly in order to pass the exam.