|Created by ORS 675.775, the Board consists of eight members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Oregon Senate: three professional counselors; two marriage and family therapists; a member of faculty of a school that trains counselors or therapists; and two public members. |
Members serve three year terms and may be reappointed for a second term. They may continue to serve after the expiration of their terms until the Governor re-appoints them or appoints their replacements. For information about Executive Appointments, please contact the Governors office at:
- Bradley "Scott" Christie, LMFT, was appointed to the Board effective June 1, 2012; his second term will expire September 30, 2016. Dr. Christie works at Kaiser Permanente in Clackamas. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tony Lai, LPC, lives in McMinnville and is a Mental Health Specialist II at Yamhill County Family and Youth Programs; you may reach him at email@example.com. He was appointed by the Governor for his first term effective May 1,2013.
Doug Querin, LPC
, Douglas Querin lives in Portland; he works for the Oregon Attorney Assistance Program and as an adjunct professor at Portland State University and George Fox University. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. He was appointed by the Governor for his first term effective May 1,2013.
- Tina Anctil, LPC, Faculty Member, is an associate professor in the Counselor Education Department and Rehabilitation Counseling Program Coordinator at Portland State University. Her appointment is effective October 1, 2013. Her email address is email@example.com.
- Suzan Turley, Public Member, is retired from the Oregon Department of Justice, Financial Fraud Division. She lives in King City and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Turley was appointed by the Governor to her term effective March 1, 2010; her second term will expire September 30, 2016.
- Lindsay McGrath, LMFT. She was appointed to her first term effective June 1, 2014 through September 30, 2014.
- Don Thomson, LPC. The Governor appointed him to his first term effective June 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015.
Connie L. Brown is the Licensing coordinator. She works part-time doing exams and licensing. She began in the Fall of 1995. She may be contacted at the Board office, (503) 378-5499 Ext 2 or email@example.com.
Lonnie Knotts is the application intake coordinator. He answers licensing and intern questions. He began work with the Board in the Fall of 2009. You may reach him at (503) 378-5499 Ext 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becky Eklund is the Board Executive Director. She began January 22, 2008 and may be contacted at the board office, (503) 378-5499 Ext 3 or email@example.com.
Brian Johnson is the investigator. He began work with the Board on August 17, 2009. He deals with matters related to complaints, compliance, investigations, and criminal background checks. His office telephone number is (503) 378-5499 ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Janelle Houston is the Operations and Policy Analyst. She began work with the Board on September 30, 2013. You may contact her at (503) 373-7020 or email@example.com