|Created by ORS 675.775, the Board consists of eight members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Oregon Senate: three professional counselors; two marriage and family therapists; a member of faculty of a school that trains counselors or therapists; and two public members. |
Members serve three year terms and may be reappointed for a second term. They may continue to serve after the expiration of their terms until the Governor re-appoints them or appoints their replacements. For information about Executive Appointments, please contact the Governors office at:
- Bradley "Scott" Christie, LMFT, was appointed to the Board effective June 1, 2012; his second term will expire September 30, 2016. Dr. Christie works at Kaiser Permanente in Clackamas.
Board Vice Chair
Doug Querin, LPC, Douglas Querin lives in Portland; he works for the Oregon Attorney Assistance Program and as an adjunct professor at Portland State University and George Fox University. He was appointed by the Governor for his first term effective May 1,2013.
Tony Lai, LPC, lives in McMinnville and is a Mental Health Specialist II at Yamhill County Family and Youth Programs. He was appointed by the Governor for his first term effective May 1,2013.
- Tina Anctil, LPC, Faculty Member, is an associate professor in the Counselor Education Department and Rehabilitation Counseling Program Coordinator at Portland State University. Her appointment is effective October 1, 2013.
- Suzan Turley, Public Member, is retired from the Oregon Department of Justice, Financial Fraud Division. She lives in King City. Ms. Turley was appointed by the Governor to her term effective March 1, 2010; her second term will expire September 30, 2016.
- Lindsay McGrath, LMFT. She was appointed to her first term effective June 1, 2014 through September 30, 2014.
- Don Thomson, LPC. The Governor appointed him to his first term effective June 1, 2014 through September 30, 2015.
Please direct questions/comments to board staff. If you wish to email a specific board member, call the OBLPCT office at 503-378-5499 and contact our Executive Director who can give you the official board email for that board member. Staff will then know to check their email account to respond to your question/comment/concern.
Charles J. Hill is the Executive Director of the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapist and the Board of Psychological Examiners. He began working at the Board in March 2015. He may be reached at (503) 378-5499 Ext 4 or email@example.com.
Connie L. Brown is the Licensing coordinator. She works part-time doing exams and licensing. She began work with the Board in the Fall of 1995. She may be contacted at the Board office, (503) 378-5499 Ext 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lonnie Knotts is the application intake coordinator. He answers licensing and intern questions. He began work with the Board in the Fall of 2009. You may reach him at (503) 378-5499 Ext 1 or email@example.com.
Michael Hummer is the Board's investigator. He answers compliance matters and investigates complaints against licensees and registered interns. He began work with the Board in Febuary 2015. You may reach him at (503) 378-5499 Ext 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.