- Meet specific education requirements listed below, and
- Pass the Oregon Jurisprudence (law) exam, and
- Have passed a Board approved written National Examination. (MBLEX , NCBTMB, CESI). *NOTE: ALL NATIONAL EXAM RESULTS MUST COME DIRECTLY
FROM THE EXAM PROVIDER.
The Board requires 625 hours/25 quarter credits/15.74 semester credits of education from an accredited or Department of Education approved school with the following:
The 625 hours/25 quarter credits/15.74 semester credits of education must include:
- A minimum of 200 hours/8 quarter credits/ 5.34 semester credits of health sciences, consisting of Anatomy and Physiology, Pathology, and Kinesiology; and
- A minimum of 300 hours/12 quarter credits/8 semester credits of Massage Theory and Practical Application, Clinical Practice, Business Development, Sanitation, Communication, and Ethics.
- The remaining 125 hours/5 quarter credits /2.4 semester credits required may be in any of the above subject areas.
The applicant will complete the application and send it to the Board along with required supporting documentation and fees as outlined in the Application for Licensure. The applicant will receive an email with a link and log-in information to complete the online Jurisprudence Examination. The applicant will then complete the electronic fingerprinting process to initiate their background check. Upon receipt of application and all required documentation, passing of the Jurisprudence Exam and background check, the applicant will be issued a license.
Required Supporting Documentation
· Official transcripts in a sealed envelope
· 2” X 2” color photograph (passport-sized) taken within the last 12 months
· A copy of a valid government-issued picture ID (such as, a driver’s license, passport etc.)
· A list of three references that do not reside with you, yet can be relatives
· A copy of a current CPR certification
· Results from a National Written Examination (MBLEX , NCBTMB, CESI). *NOTE: ALL NATIONAL EXAM RESULTS MUST COME DIRECTLY
FROM THE EXAM PROVIDER.
Initial Licensing Fees
Application Fee: $100.00
Fingerprint Processing Fee: $43.00
Initial License Fee*: $50.00 - $100.00
*The Initial License Fee is based upon renewal date, which is based upon applicant birth month/year. Individuals born in odd numbered years will renew every odd numbered year, regardless of when their initial license was issued. Those born during an even year will renew every even year. Additionally, licensees must renew before the first day of their birth month. If an applicant’s first renewal is less than 12 months from time of issuance, the Initial License Fee is $50.00. If the applicant’s first renewal is more than 12 months from date of issuance, the Initial License Fee is $100.00.
The board requires that all new candidates provide fingerprints for a national criminal background check prior to issuance of a license. Additionally, the state of Oregon requires electronic Fingerprinting, in lieu of fingerprint cards. There is a $43.00 Fingerprint Processing Fee payable to OBMT that will be required before the background check will be initiated. Please see the instructions below to schedule an appointment.
**Note**: There will be a $12.50 fee accessed by Fieldprint for the process of obtaining your fingerprints.
To Schedule an appointment for electronic fingerprinting, please follow the instructions below:
· Click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button.
· Enter an email address under “New Users/Sign Up” and click the “Sign Up” button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question and then click “Sign Up and Continue”.
· Enter this Fieldprint Code: FPORMassTherapistsDAS
· Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at the location of your choosing.
· At the end of the process, print the Confirmation Page. Take the Confirmation Page with you to your fingerprint appointment, along with two forms of identification.