Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
  • Weighing & measuring device license renewals
    Consumer photo
    All scale and meter licenses expire annually June 30. Renewal applications are mailed to current licensees mid-May. Renewals must be returned with payment before July 1.

Current topics Resources
B5 Biodiesel Blending Requirement
In compliance with Oregon's Renewable Fuel Standard [Ref. Oregon Revised Stature (ORS) 646.921 and ORS 646.922] All diesel fuel sold or offered for sale in Oregon must contain a minimum of 5 percent by volume biodiesel, creating a B5 biodiesel blend, except for 1) railroad locomotives, 2) marine engines and 3) home heating applications.
Scales used for weighing precious metals and jewelry
Photo of gold on a scale.
We are currently assisting businesses that are using scales that are either not yet licensed or are not legal-for-trade, which are being used to weigh jewelry and precious metals, including scrap precious metals. All scales used in trade or commercial sales must be licensed with us and approved.
Oregon's renewable fuel standard
The 2007 Oregon Legislature created a renewable fuel standard for Oregon that requires diesel fuel be blended with biodiesel and gasoline be blended with ethanol. Learn more about the requirements of the renewable fuel standard as well as its exceptions.
Biodiesel troubleshooting information
The National Biodiesel Board provides biodiesel users with a toll free number to troubleshoot fuel issues should the fuel distributor lack the knowledge necessary to resolve the problem: 1-800-929-3437
Where to find gas without ethanol
Some specific applications are exempt from the mandate to use ethanol blended gasoline. The Oregon State Marine Board provides a list on their website of where to find non-blended fuel.
Submit a complaint
Consumer fueling up their vehicle
Submit a fuel complaint online for fuel quality, quantity, or advertising concerns. A field inspector will investigate your complaint and inform you of the results.

For complaints other than fuel quantity, quality, or advertising you may submit a general consumer complaint online.

New Placed in Service Reports are now available!
Our Placed in Service Reports have been completely redone in an effort to make them more user friendly. From our website you may download a copy in either pdf form or MS Word form. You may download the forms below. For more information follow the link for more...
Request public records
Public records are available upon written request. Find out more about how to request records, the fees associated with a request, and what to expect.
Search licensing records
Check to see what we have currently in our system for your business, or conduct a search of other license holders.
More information for...