Systems Performance Review & Improvement Training 2017-18 - Registration is now re-opened!
Due to a change in SPR&I fall training, registration for both school age and EI/ECSE was updated and you are asked to re-register. The focus this year will be less on regulation and process, and more on specific content for teachers.
EI/ECSE trainings will have the same content at each location and will focus on the new Early Learning and Kindergarten Standards and enhancing social, emotional and approaches to learning skills of children with IFSPs. The training also will include information on providing timely services to children and the process for conducting a “manifestation determination” to determine if a child’s misbehavior was caused by or related to the child’s disability. Lunch will not be provided.
School age trainings will provide in-depth professional development on one topic at each location. All of the trainings are open to all districts; you may choose any topic and location you are interested in attending. SPR&I grant funds and IDEA Enhancement grant funds can be used to support attendance at the trainings. Lunch will not be provided. The three trainings we are offering this year are:
The purpose of this one day session is to provide participants with the necessary information and resources to write and implement high quality IEPs. The training will include methods and strategies that elevate the importance of aligning various components of the IEP to ensure highly individualized and appropriate specially designed instruction for students. Locations and dates: Salem, Sept 26th; La Grande, Oct 12th.
This full day training will cover indicator 13 (8 transition standards) & 14 (Post School Outcomes). Presentations will include updates on the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) and vision for collaboration between Vocational Rehabilitation and Location Education Agencies. This training will also include introduction to the new Oregon Transition Resource book and regional training opportunities in partnership with the Transition Technical Assistance Network. Locations and dates: Pacific City, Sept 28th; Oregon City, Oct 19th; Ashland, Nov 2nd.
This one-day training is focused on implementing effective strategies to promote positive student behavior in school. Presentations will discuss successful behavior intervention plans, effective data collection processes, and appropriate incorporation of school discipline practices. Presenters will also address recent legislative developments regarding students placed on reduced school days. Locations and dates: Bend, Oct 10th; Hillsboro, Oct 24th; Eugene, Oct 26th.
School Age Consolidated Plan Resources
School Age PCR File Review Forms
2017 School Age Program Determinations (based on 2015-2016 data)
EI/ECSE PCR File Review Forms
- EI Transition: Individual PCR Form - This form is used to monitor compliance in select areas of IDEA as one component of the state's general supervision responsibilities.
- EI: Individual PCR Form - This form is used to monitor compliance in select areas of IDEA as one component of the state's general supervision responsibilities.
- ECSE: Individual PCR Form - This form is used to monitor compliance in select areas of IDEA as one component of the state's general supervision responsibilities.
- EI/ECSE SPR&I File Review User Guide (2017-18) - A step-by-step user guide for EI/ECSE SPR&I Procedural Compliance Review, including Corrections, Systemic Issues, SPR&I Reports and EI/ECSE-SPR&I Flow Chart
2017 EI/ECSE Program Determinations (based on 2015-2016 data)
- SPR&I Annual Sub Grant - Small formula grants awarded to districts/programs annually to assist in completing required activities of the SPR&I system