This page contains all the materials (presentations & handouts) that were used in the 2017 - 2018 fall trainings offered throughout the state.
EI/ECSE trainings had the same content at each location and focused on the new Early Learning and Kindergarten Standards and enhancing social, emotional and approaches to learning skills of children with IFSPs. The training also included information on providing timely services to children and the process for conducting a “manifestation determination” to determine if a child’s misbehavior was caused by or related to the child’s disability.
School age trainings provided in-depth professional development on one topic at each location. All of the trainings were open to all districts, with all districts able to choose any topic and location. SPR&I grant funds and IDEA Enhancement grant funds could be used to support attendance at these trainings. The three trainings offered were:
- High-Quality IEPs: Strategies & Processes
- Collaborative Transition Planning: Resources and Partnerships
- Successful Behavior Supports in Schools
This one day session provided participants with the necessary information and resources to write and implement high quality IEPs. The training included methods and strategies that elevate the importance of aligning various components of the IEP to ensure highly individualized and appropriate specially designed instruction for students. Locations and dates: Salem, September 26, 2017; La Grande, October 12, 2017.
This full day training covered indicator 13 (8 transition standards) & 14 (Post School Outcomes). Presentations included updates on the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) and vision for collaboration between Vocational Rehabilitation and Location Education Agencies. This training included an introduction to the new Oregon Transition Resource book and regional training opportunities in partnership with the Transition Technical Assistance Network. Locations and dates: Pacific City, September 28, 2017; Oregon City, October 19, 2017; Ashland, November 2, 2017.
This one-day training focused on implementing effective strategies to promote positive student behavior in school. Presentations discussed successful behavior intervention plans, effective data collection processes, and appropriate incorporation of school discipline practices. Presenters addressed recent legislative developments regarding students placed on reduced school days. Locations and dates: Bend, October 10, 2017; Hillsboro, October 24, 2017; Eugene, October 26, 2017.
School Age Consolidated Plan Resources
School Age PCR File Review Forms
2017 School Age Program Determinations (based on 2015-2016 data)
EI/ECSE PCR File Review Forms
- EI Transition: Individual PCR Form - This form is used to monitor compliance in select areas of IDEA as one component of the state's general supervision responsibilities.
- EI: Individual PCR Form - This form is used to monitor compliance in select areas of IDEA as one component of the state's general supervision responsibilities.
- ECSE: Individual PCR Form - This form is used to monitor compliance in select areas of IDEA as one component of the state's general supervision responsibilities.
- EI/ECSE SPR&I File Review User Guide (2017-18) - A step-by-step user guide for EI/ECSE SPR&I Procedural Compliance Review, including Corrections, Systemic Issues, SPR&I Reports and EI/ECSE-SPR&I Flow Chart.
2017 EI/ECSE Program Determinations (based on 2015-2016 data)
- SPR&I Annual Sub Grant - Small formula grants awarded to districts/programs annually to assist in completing required activities of the SPR&I system