Nova Southeastern University Oregon Cohort(s) Hybrid Speech-Language Pathology Master's Degree Program & the Oregon Department of Education Speech-Language Pathology Scholarship Program
*Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2017 Oregon Nova Southeastern Speech-Language Scholarship Program Cohort 6! Instructions for applying and program details below.
*Please attend the ODE Speech-Language Pathology Scholarship Program Fall NOVA Cohort Information Session January 18th at 6:00 pm by phone or computer. To receive details please email/call Robin.Shobe@state.or.us
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) has established a partnership with the Nova Southeastern University Speech-Language Pathology Program to address the critical personnel shortage of Speech-Language Pathologists who serve in Oregon school districts, Education Service Districts (ESDs), and Early childhood and Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE) programs.
The Nova Southeastern Speech-Language Pathology Oregon Cohort is a hybrid Master’s Program offered in partnership with ODE. The Nova Southeastern Speech-Language Pathology Oregon Cohort combines face-to-face and on-line instruction. Courses are provided on-line in the evenings and face-to-face during one long weekend each semester (located in the greater Portland area). This hybrid model allows students to live in regions all over Oregon, maintain employment during the day (if they choose), while completing the requirements of a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
The program offers participants a one-time $10,000 scholarship in exchange for two-years service in an Oregon school district, ESD or EI/ECSE program upon graduation. Funding for Clinical Fellowship Supervision by the SLP’s employer are also available.
To be considered for the Nova Southeastern Speech-Language Pathology Oregon Cohort and the Oregon Department of Education Speech-Language Pathology Scholarship Program the applicant must complete the following:
1) Oregon Department of Education Speech-Language Pathology Scholarship Program Application Requirements:
- Provide unofficial transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions
Note: Applicants must be accepted to both the Oregon Department of Education Speech-Language Pathology Scholarship Program and the Oregon Department of Education Speech-Language Pathology Scholarship Program to attend Nova Southeastern as part of the Oregon Cohort (6).
2) Nova Southeastern Speech-Language Pathology Oregon Cohort (6) Application Requirements:
- Completed admission application packet, including nonrefundable application fee made payable to Nova Southeastern University: http://healthsciences.nova.edu/slp/master-speech-language-pathology.html
- Once you apply to the Nova Southeastern University, please email your “N” number to ODE: Johanna.email@example.com
- Official transcripts indicating conferral of a bachelor’s or graduate degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 3.2 Cumulative Grade Point Average [CGPA] required)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions
- Completion of six (6) prerequisite courses (eighteen credits) PREREQUISITE COURSES
- Two written essays (see forms in application packet
- Three letters of recommendation by three different individuals (e.g., instructors, supervisors, etc.) who can attest to the applicant’s ability to succeed in a master’s degree program (see forms in application packet)
- Application interview (for qualifying applicants)
- Application deadline: March 31, 2017