Meeting Schedules, Agendas, Staff Reports, Audio Meeting Files, and Minutes:
The Oregon Board of Forestry...
- Supervises all matters of forest policy within Oregon
- Appoints the State Forester
- Adopts rules regulating forest practices
- Provides general supervision of the State Forester´s duties in managing the Oregon Department of Forestry.
The seven-member citizen Board is appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the state Senate. No more than three members may receive any significant portion of their income from the forest products industry. At least one member must reside in each of the state´s three major ODF administrative regions east, south and northwest. The term of office is four years and no member may serve more than two consecutive full terms. The State Forester serves as secretary to the Board. It is the Mission of the Oregon Board of Forestry to...
lead Oregon in implementing policies and programs that promote environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable management of Oregon´s 28 million acres of public and private forests. To achieve our mission, it is the Vision of the Board of Forestry that Oregon will have...
- Healthy forests providing a sustainable flow of environmental, economic, and social outputs and benefits.
- Public and private landowners willingly making investments to create healthy forests.
- Statewide forest resource policies that are coordinated among Oregon´s natural resources agencies.
- A Board of Forestry recognized as an impartial deliberative body operating openly and in the public interest.
- Citizens who understand, accept, and support sustainable forestry and who make informed decisions that contribute to achievement of the vision of the 2003 Forestry Program for Oregon.
- Adequate funding for the Department of Forestry to efficiently and cost-effectively accomplish the mission and strategies of the Board of Forestry, and department personnel policies that encourage and recognize employees, allowing them to meet their full potential in providing excellent public service.