General Rules for Safe Burning:
- Call the Oregon Department of Forestry to make an appointment (see contact information below).
- A Fire Warden will inspect the burn area and may issue a permit.
- Consider composting, chipping, or hauling debris to a landfill, rather than burning.
- If issued a burn permit, follow all instructions on the permit form.
- Outside burning may be prohibited during high fire danger and previously-issuesd burn permits may be revoked as fire danger increases.
Debris burning accounts for about 35 percent of the human-caused wildfires that blacken the country each year.