Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Burn Permits and Burn Barrel Information
Burning Permits May Be Required! See the Information Below
General Rules for Safe Burning:                                                          
  1. Call the Oregon Department of Forestry to make an appointment (see contact information below).
  2. A Fire Warden will inspect the burn area and may issue a permit.
  3. Consider composting, chipping, or hauling debris to a landfill, rather than burning.
  4. If issued a burn permit, follow all instructions on the permit form.
  5. Outside burning may be prohibited during high fire danger and previously-issuesd burn permits may be revoked as fire danger increases.

Debris burning accounts for about 35 percent of the human-caused wildfires that blacken the country each year.

For more information . . .
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact a local Oregon Department of Forestry Office at one of the following locations:
  • LaGrande Unit:  541-963-3168
  • Baker Sub-Unit: 541-523-5831
  • Pendleton Unit: 541-276-3491
  • Wallowa Unit: 541-886-2881