|The Oregon Board of Forestry is continually striving to improve the stewardship of Oregon´s vast forest resources. This is an on-going process with a constant need for public input. Please join in the discussion about Oregon´s forests by providing your input to the Board.|
The Board accepts both oral and written testimony on agenda items as well as those items not on the regular agenda. Those wishing to testify or present information to the Board are encouraged to:
• Provide written summaries of lengthy, detailed information;
• Recognize that substance, not length, determines the value of testimony or written information;
• Endorse rather than repeat the testimony of others;
• Recognize that oral testimony is limited to 3 minutes.
Written comments for public testimony provide a valuable reference and may be submitted before or during the meeting for consideration by the Board. Please bring 10 copies for distribution. Written comments will not be read aloud by staff. Testimony may be summarized and attached to the minutes. All documents submitted become public record.
If you wish to provide oral testimony to the Board, you must sign-in on the sheet provided at the Information Table, located near the meeting room's entrance. (Note: All persons attending a Board meeting are requested to sign in, whether or not they intend to provide comment.)
Should you choose to send written testimony, you may submit those comments via email, fax, or mail to:
• Email – BoardofForestry@oregon.gov
• Fax –Attention: Board of Forestry, to Fax # (503) 945-7212
• Mail –Oregon Board of Forestry, 2600 State St., Salem, OR 97310
The Board cannot accept testimony on a topic for which a public hearing has been held and the comment period has closed.
Additionally, please keep in mind that the Board is a policy-focused entity and delegates questions or concerns about specific operations to Department personnel.
If you would like to be added to the Board of Forestry mailing list for notification of upcoming meetings, please contact the Board Support office using the information above or call (503) 945-7210.