The West Oregon District is currently IN Fire Season.
Effective Friday, July 11, 2014 at 1 AM, regulated use closures are in effect for West Oregon District. Please contact the office for additional fire information or protection from fire concerns. See Regulated Use Proclamation below:
STATE OF OREGON
DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY
REGULATED CLOSURE PROCLAMATION
Effective: 1:00 a.m., PDT, July 11, 2014
By virtue of the authority vested in me under the provisions of ORS 477.535 to 477.550, I hereby proclaim a Regulated Closure to be in effect in the following subject area:
All lands protected by the West Oregon Forest Protection District and all forestland within one-eighth mile thereof.
Under this Regulated Closure, except as to the owner’s legal right of entry upon their land, entry to all forestland is unlawful unless entrants comply with the following restrictions:
· Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
· Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except at designated locations. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
· Chain saw use is prohibited.
· Use of motorized vehicles, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads.
· Use of fireworks is prohibited.
· Cutting, grinding and welding of metal is prohibited.
· Mowing of dried and cured grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., except for the commercial culture and harvest of agricultural crops.
· Possession of the following fire fighting equipment is required while traveling, except on state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2½ pound or larger fire extinguisher.
The State Forester or an authorized representative may, in writing, approve a modification or waiver of these requirements.
These restrictions shall remain in effect until replaced, suspended, or terminated by an additional proclamation of the State Forester or an authorized representative.
Maps of the subject area may be viewed at the State Forester's Office, in Salem, Oregon, and at principal offices of the Forest Protection District.
Definitions of words and phrases used in this proclamation may be found in ORS 477.001, OAR 629-041-0005, and at:
Tom Fields, Fire Prevention Coordinator
ODF Fire Protection Program
July 8, 2014