Camp Hosting is a great way to travel around the United States experiencing new areas and meeting new people. The Oregon Department of Forestry offers camp host positions at eight rustic campgrounds and one visitor center spread across the Tillamook and Clatsop State Forests in the northwest corner of the state.
What amenities are provided for camp hosts?
At most host sites Oregon Department of Forestry provides:
- A free campsite in a scenic campground
- A generator (at sites without electricity)
- Gas & Propane (at sites without electricity)
- Septic Field (at select sites)
What openings do you have for the 2015 Camping Season?
Gales Creek Campground
- 4 - 6 week stays May 15 - October 1
- 4 - 6 week stays May 20 - October 1
Browns Camp OHV Campground and Staging Area
- 2 week stays May 1 - November 2
Spruce Run Campground
- 4 week stay for the month of June only
How do I get started?
We are currently recruiting for the 2015 Camp Hosting Season. Applications will be accepted through March 31st or until the 2015 Camp Host vacancies are filled.
If you are interested in applying to host , please contact Host Program Coordinator Stephanie Beall at 503.359.7464 or Stephanie.A.Beall@oregon.gov.
For more information and an application for hosting in our campgrounds:
ODF Camp Host Opportunities Information Brochure (pdf)
ODF Camp Host Application Form
For more information and an application for hosting at our visitor center:
Tillamook Forest Center Host Information Flyer
Tillamook Forest Center Host Application