Recreation opportunities abound on the Tillamook State Forest - camping, hiking, motorized and non-motorized trail riding, target shooting, fishing and more.
For more information click on the Recreation Opportunities link below.
OHV Trail Status
08.17.2015 (Updated) - As of 1 AM on Tuesday, 08.18.2015, OHV trails are CLOSED due to the change to IFPL Level 3.
Please observe all regulated use notices.
Beaver Dam Rock Pit Status
07.27.2015 (Updated) - The Beaver Dam / Browns Camp Rock Pit is CLOSED to all public use for a rock crushing operation.
This closure will remain in effect until mid-October 2015.
For more information about target shooting on State Forests please visit the Target Shooting page.
Regulated Use Fire Season Restrictions in Effect June 19, 2015
Friday, June 19, 2015 the Regulated Use Fire Restrictions will go into effect on the Tillamook State Forest and on all ODF Protected Lands in Northwest Oregon.
OHV Trails - CLOSED
A waiver allows the OHV Trails to remain open under Industrial Fire Precaution Levels 1 and 2 (IFPL1 or IFPL 2) in the Browns Camp, Lyda Camp, Jordan Creek, Diamond Mill, Trask and BLM Upper Nestucca areas. (See the OHV Waiver Map for further clarification.)
Forest Travel and Recreation Use
Here’s a brief summary of what this means for the recreation public:
· NO SMOKING – except in the closed cab of your vehicle (doors on and windows rolled up) or your RV or camp trailer.
· NO OPEN FIRES – FIRE BAN IN EFFECT No campfires or charcoal barbecues. (Propane stoves and gas barbecues are OK.)
· NO NON-INDUSTRIAL USE OF CHAINSAWS – except as waived by the Forester.
· NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES OFF ROADS EXCEPT IN DESIGNATED OHV AREAS
o Designated OHV trails in areas covered by the waiver for OHV use remain open for use during Level 1 & 2 industrial fire precautions (IFPL).
o Under a Level 3 industrial fire precaution (IFPL 3) trails in areas covered by the waiver for OHV use close but the roads in the OHV areas remain open for riding.
o These areas include the Browns Camp Area, Lyda Camp Area, Jordan Creek Area, Diamond Mill Area, Trask and the BLM Upper Nestucca.
· NO FIREWORKS.
· NO WELDING, ARC/TORCH CUTTING OR GRINDING OF METAL.
· NO USE OF HEAT GENERATING AMMUNITION (TRACER ROUNDS) OR EXPLODING TARGETS WHILE TARGET SHOOTING.
· REQUIRED FOR ALL VEHICLES OPERATING IN THE WOODS (except dirt bikes and quads)
o 1 gallon of water or a 2.5 pound fire extinguisher
o 1 shovel with an 8 inch blade and at least 26 inches long from the tip of the blade to the tip of the handle
For more information: