|For Veterans and Families|
to submit your veteran related events. Your information may also be published in VETS NEWS.
▪ VA Town Hall in Portland, Sept. 30 Portland VA Medical Center hosting a Town Hall: Sept. 30, 6:30 to 8 pm., Bldg. 101, 2nd floor, 3710 SW Veterans Hospital Rd. All veterans and family welcome.
- Contact Dan Herrigstad, 971-221-4920.
▪ VAMC hosts Night of Networking
This free event, co-sponsored by Portland's VA Medical Center, provides job seekers opportunities for employment while bringing together local businesses, government and people with disabilities. Connecting businesses with talent. Location: OHSU's south waterfront, 2730 SW Moody, Portland. - Contact: Annette, 503-494-5148, firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ American Women Vets’ Assoc. meets in Douglas Co. Female veterans from all US service branch/eras are invited to meet, become better informed, do service projects, and enjoy camaraderie. Monthly meeting is on the 2nd Tue., 5 pm, with a quarterly potluck at American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St., Roseburg.
- Contact: Dona Brewer, 541-391-9813
▪ Vietnam 25th Infantry Div., 1st Air CAV Vets Meet
All veterans are welcome to meet for lunch and conversation on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Superking Buffet, 5105 SE 82nd Ave., Portland.
- Contact: Gary Hartt, 503-632-6955
▪ US Merchant Marine - Navy Armed Guard Meets
The Oregon AMMV meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, 11:30 am, Clackamas Banquet Facility, 15815 SE 82nd Dr.
- Contact: Max Guitierez, 503-789-7932
▪ Douglas County Veterans Monthly Forum
Veteran organization leaders discuss and develop common support issues for all veterans in SW Oregon. Briefings from VA Roseburg Healthcare Systems, county veteran service officer and veteran's agencies. Meetings: 5 pm, third Tue. of each month at Roseburg American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St.
- Contact: Jim, 541-672-4635, email@example.com
▪ 10th Mountain Division Group Meets Monthly
Newcomers, WWII comrades and descendants are invited to lunch on the last Sunday of the month, 1 pm., at Eastmoreland Golf Course Club House, 2425 SE Bybee Blvd., Portland. Group planning for the 10th Mountain Memorial Grove, picnics and other events.
- Contact: Jim Bray, 503-913-7058