|For Veterans and Families|
to submit your veteran related events. Your information may also be published in VETS NEWS.
▪ American Women Vets’ Assoc. meets in Douglas Co.
▪ Mid-Willamette Valley Stand Down in September
Salem's Vet Center and SOVAH host the event on Sept. 19, 10 am to 4 pm. Assistance includes: medical and dental services, benefits registration, military surplus, Women Veterans Workshop, counseling and a free lunch. All veterans (Guard & Reserve too) and their families welcome. Location: Salem's Grace Baptist Church, 4197 State St. NE.
- Contact: Todd Londin, 503-363-4457
▪ Jackson Co. Town Hall, Vets Outreach on Sept. 22-24
The Town Hall is being held, 7 pm, at the Jackson County Roads & Parks Aud., 200 Antelope Road, White City. Veterans Crisis Command Center volunteers will offer benefit claims help, VA scheduling, grief counseling, etc. Location: 100 E. Jacksoon St., Medford; on Sept. 23, 12 to 8 pm and Sept. 24, 8 am to 8 pm.
▪ Vietnam 25th Infantry Div., 1st Air CAV Vets Meet
Female veterans from all US service branch/eras are invited to meet, become better informed, do service projects, and enjoy camaraderie. Monthly meeting is on the 2nd Tue., 5 pm, with a quarterly potluck at American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St., Roseburg.
- Contact: Dona Brewer, 541-391-9813
All veterans are welcome to meet for lunch and conversation on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Superking Buffet, 5105 SE 82nd Ave., Portland.
- Contact: Gary Hartt, 503-632-6955
▪ US Merchant Marine - Navy Armed Guard Meets
The Oregon AMMV meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, 11:30 am, Clackamas Banquet Facility, 15815 SE 82nd Dr.
- Contact: Max Guitierez, 503-789-7932
▪ Douglas County Veterans Monthly Forum
Veteran organization leaders discuss and develop common support issues for all veterans in SW Oregon. Briefings from VA Roseburg Healthcare Systems, county veteran service officer and veteran's agencies. Meetings: 5 pm, third Tue. of each month at Roseburg American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St.
- Contact: Jim, 541-672-4635, firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ 10th Mountain Division Group Meets Monthly
Newcomers, WWII comrades and descendants are invited to lunch on the last Sunday of the month, 1 pm., at Eastmoreland Golf Course Club House, 2425 SE Bybee Blvd., Portland. Group planning for the 10th Mountain Memorial Grove, picnics and other events.
- Contact: Jim Bray, 503-913-7058