|Serving Oregon's military veterans since 1945.|
The Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs (ODVA) continues to build better lives for military veterans, spouses, and their families living in Oregon.
From helping veterans obtain earned medals and military awards to filing claims for education
benefits, ODVA is here with you every step of the way.
The wide array of programs
and services are provided by a grateful nation and state.
Where EVERY DAY Is Veterans Day!
The Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs (ODVA), with the support of our citizens, recognizes and honors Oregon’s veterans and their families by providing the highest quality programs
, service and benefits.
|Annual Performance Measures |
The ODVA has been serving Oregon's military veterans since 1945 after it was created by the Oregon legislature in response to a citizen mandate to provide for Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines returning from duty in World War II. Since then, benefits managed by the department have been extended to include veterans of all eras.
The ODVA has been providing quality service to veterans, their dependents and survivors. Our goals are:
- Maintain the fiscal integrity of ODVA’s programs, services, and benefits
- Increase home ownership opportunities for Oregon’s veterans
- Provide excellent service to veterans, their families, and other customers
- Enhance the financial stability of Oregon’s veterans and their families
- Maintain the affordability and highest quality of care for residents at the Oregon Veterans’ Home
- Increase awareness of all department programs, services, and benefits through outreach and partnerships
- Maximize the use of technology to deliver services, programs, and benefits to Oregon’s veterans and their families
The nine-member Veteran's Advisory Committee provides advice to the Director of the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs. Formed by statute in 1945, the Advisory Committee has played an important role in the effective administration of the ODVA and has been invaluable. Who are the members?
The ODVA offers a variety of services to veterans, their spouses and dependents.
- Home Loans - ORVET Home Loan program provides eligible veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces with home loans.
- Veterans’ Benefits - The ODVA and most counties provide free benefits counseling and claims service to veterans, survivors, and dependents.
- Veterans' Education - State educational assistance to qualifying veterans to attend college, university, or vocational school (campaign or expeditionary medal required).
- Conservatorship - Help veterans, their dependents, and survivors who are legally determined to be “protected persons” under Oregon law preserve the estate while using income and assets to provide for the client’s shelter, medical, and personal needs.
- Oregon Veterans’ Home - Skilled nursing, rehabilitative, and Alzheimer’s care at the Oregon Veterans’ Home for veterans, spouses and surviving spouses of veterans, and parents all of whose children died while in the Armed Forces of the U.S., who are in need of such care;
- Service Officer Directory - Geographically locate Veterans' Service Officers throughout the state of Oregon.
Privacy Practices and Disclaimer
For more information on ODVA's privacy practices, click here.
For ODVA website disclaimer, click here.